movies!movies!

Cold Pursuit | Lionsgate | Feruary 8, 2019 | Liam Neeson, Laura Dern

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

he said self-sabotage, I mean Liam did it by accident, Olivia was actively intending to sabotage the predator.

(pun intended)

Could have really been the complete opposite, a oh "now in the current context if I learned this someone else will, it will splash the movie, would be better for everyone to cut a registered sexual predator scene from the movie to not hurt the movie release"... And it leaked.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really think some Americans haven't got the slightest idea how the world works.

Liam Neeson is now a national hero in Bulgaria, most probably in all of Europe. His current movie will enjoy enormous interest. I believe that will be the case with most Americans too.

He sabotaged nothing. He will have the last laugh. The shills and tools are only good for one thing - to be used by smarter people.

Edited by shayhiri

45 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Liam Neeson is now a national hero in Bulgaria, most probably in all of Europe.

I mean, I understand a lot of perspectives in this particular issue, but I don't get what angle gets somebody to "national hero" status in all of this.

I mean the radar seems to be an oscillation between "Didn't do anything wrong" and "Did lots of things wrong". At no point does "Did loads right and is an example to all" seem like it is on the cards. Am I missing something?

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes.

He did nothing wrong. All the people that attacked him are doing many things wrong.

When a good person is wrongly accused and attacked, all good people come to his side and protect him. That's how the tables turn.

So next time before attacking, some Americans should hold up and think for a bit - because it will come back and bite them in the ass.

Edited by shayhiri

Anyway, just saw the trailer for the first time, and... this is making SO much money!! :)

Even I was probably going to miss this movie - but now, so many new people are going to see it! Can't wait (it opens in Bulgaria after two weeks).

Edited by shayhiri

I read Liam's comments for the first time and understand his reaction. I don't know how I would react while under extreme emotional anguish. I'd like to think I could make the distinction between, say, a random tattooed white man and the tattooed white man fitting the description of some purported attack. I just don't know. I think there is a bit of racism in someone who can conflate the way he does but who cares? Let him be racist (and I say that as a minority). 

I'll still watch the movie. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

38 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I had no idea that Bulgaria was where the KKK originated!

People like you do not deserve Liam Neeson (assuming you call him racist). You deserve real racists - so you can see and feel the difference.

All the man did was go out of his way to explain how bad and dangerous racism is. And what did he get in return?... Such ungratefulness rarely goes unpunished.

Edited by shayhiri

11 hours ago, Avatree said:

Michelle Rodriguez Says Liam Neeson Can’t Be Racist Because of the Way He Kissed Viola Davis in ‘Widows’

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/michelle-rodriguez-liam-neeson-cant-be-racist-kisses-1203131498/?fbclid=IwAR11hpPsSfhqTcStxVKaDlNZrfjvQLDkqsaTD4lxDzGapXNmVP8x7D_YkqM

I think Michelle should stick to guns and cars. 

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Asking the lefties to think ?

I am afraid this ship has sailed, a long time ago ...

I'm a leftie and let's not pretend this is how all leftists think. You're from motherfucking France, the country that originated classical liberalism and took down the pillars of theocratic and monarchic rule. 

14 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

That's not true at all. The news leaked out so of course she had to respond to it.

That's not how it happened. She didn't just respond, she was actively bashing the whole cast and director because they didn't comment in the article (and she probably played part in writing it) and didn't support her, and she also played victim, and continued to do so even after they responded publicly. If she just had responded, there wouldn't have been so much controversy.

Edited by Firepower

13 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Anyway, just saw the trailer for the first time, and... this is making SO much money!! :)

LOL

Nope. This will do even worse numbers than all his recent flops.

But maybe in Bulgaria (where he is a beloved icon of white supremacy, right?) it will surpass Avatar...yes? 

53 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

LOL

Nope. This will do even worse numbers than all his recent flops.

But maybe in Bulgaria (where he is a beloved icon of white supremacy, right?) it will surpass Avatar...yes? 

And why is this? Cold Pursuit is like his best reviewed movie EVER, it was 92% at RT for a long time. Why do you want it to fail?

And the story itself is classic, and will really click with all his fans and supporters. He kills gangsters in this movie, you know - hopefully of all colours equally, so it doesn't become a "problem" with political correctness again.

Edited by shayhiri

19 hours ago, Avatree said:

Michelle Rodriguez Says Liam Neeson Can’t Be Racist Because of the Way He Kissed Viola Davis in ‘Widows’

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/michelle-rodriguez-liam-neeson-cant-be-racist-kisses-1203131498/?fbclid=IwAR11hpPsSfhqTcStxVKaDlNZrfjvQLDkqsaTD4lxDzGapXNmVP8x7D_YkqM

Lmao, that's very messed up. Is she trolling or what?