kayumanggi

ALADDIN | 695.1 M overseas ● 1050.7 M worldwide

14 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Actually it could do $700mn IMO. Aladdin as a brand is bigger than Beauty and The Beast in Asia.

Also not that it is rocket science but Aladdin (90s) had better overseas than Beauty and The Beast and the major markets for Aladdin have only grown since then.

In India the film could repeat The Jungle Book phenomenon, as the Disney show "Arabian Nights" has similar nostalgic connection as in case of TJB.

I think Aladdin can finish around $700 million OS too, provided the film is well-received. I can see it doing better in Asia than Beauty and the Beast with the exception of Japan. Emma Watson was a big factor in the film's massive gross there, as well as in the U.K. 

On 10/23/2018 at 2:36 PM, KP1025 said:

I think Aladdin can finish around $700 million OS too, provided the film is well-received. I can see it doing better in Asia than Beauty and the Beast with the exception of Japan. Emma Watson was a big factor in the film's massive gross there, as well as in the U.K. 

Disney made some screenings for Aladdin and the reception was good. 

Not really good, but good... i expect something in the 70's on RT just like BTAB, which is enough

• Like 1

I have Aladdin at the same level of popularity than BatB, and just behind TLK.

BatB did $759m. Aladdin could try the same... if ERs are the same. 650-700 is my bet right now. Waiting for the next trailer and where I guess we will see Will Smith as the Genie.

With that range, I think that billion WW would be likely. I do not see this doing less than Jungle Book DOM. 350-400 sounds reasonable.

Edited by peludo

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

350 :jeb!:

So with 200m domestic maybe, then 550m worldwide? 

And how front loaded would you think? With 100m domestic 4-day say, would 150m OS be reasonable given Zilla the week after?

52 minutes ago, Stewart said:

So with 200m domestic maybe, then 550m worldwide? 

And how front loaded would you think? With 100m domestic 4-day say, would 150m OS be reasonable given Zilla the week after?

Is it opening 100mn 4 days Domestic? Not in touch with tracking thread now days so not sure.

If Dom open to 100mn 4 days, OS will be better I guess.

Now that I am checking, Dumbo has done ~$240mn with rather low Japan. I don't think Aladdin will be below Dumbo anywhere, Asia shall be considerably better. Dumbo barely did 2mn in India, I am expecting Aladdin to do atleast $7-8mn. If the film is any good, can go higher. 

$400-450mn is possible. That would mean $140-150mn weekend.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

Aladdin has potential here in Indonesia. BatB made $9m with great legs, one of the biggest movies of 2017, which was a surprise since we didn't really like musicals. And Aladdin is a more popular story. The new version of A Whole New World is already a big hit, topping the iTunes and Spotify chart. Started to be played a lot on the radio too. That will help the movie.

But unfortunately, the release date is pretty bad. Godzilla is coming in a week, and then Eid week after that, which will be dominated by local movies. Think Chinese New Year in China. So it only has like a week to make money.

Edited by catlover

On 11/7/2018 at 2:30 PM, peludo said:

I have Aladdin at the same level of popularity than BatB, and just behind TLK.

BatB did $759m. Aladdin could try the same... if ERs are the same. 650-700 is my bet right now. Waiting for the next trailer and where I guess we will see Will Smith as the Genie.

With that range, I think that billion WW would be likely. I do not see this doing less than Jungle Book DOM. 350-400 sounds reasonable.

:hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1