kayumanggi

ALADDIN | 695.1 M overseas ● 1050.7 M worldwide

8 hours ago, Claudio said:

Oh god , I thought you still don’t know how that works. All that expalanation for nothing. :bourne::sparta:

I do but it forces me to do the numbers myself. I am not gonna take the bait

Edited by Geo1500

6 hours ago, UserHN said:

What final OS gross for Aladdin is expected? Can it cross $500M OS?

$550 M+ possible .. with japan breaking out ... South korea running riot as well (could challenge $70 M) .. Spain doing phenomenal . UK Holding excellent ... Latin countries performing solidly ..  movie might cross $550 Mark as well ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Geo1500 said:

I doubt there will be any backlash if he was casted. Hack I have even seen the Rock take on hercules role. It's not that of an issue plus you should see his beard pictures he can really fit the bill but thats just my opinion

Even Naomi Scott, who is half Indian (and I personally think is perfect as Jasmine), got a backlash. People said she's too white 🙄. Imagine the reactions to Hugh Jackman.

• Like 1

Again, that Indonesia's number! :ohmygod:

It exceeded my most optimistic prediction every single week. Traditionally, local movies dominate Eid holiday week and therefore Aladdin's legs should have been cut due to lost of screens. There were 5 (!) new releases this past week. But apparently people here love Aladdin so much that they still choose it over the local movies. I even think it barely dropped this weekend. Below is the list of the highest grossing foreign movies of all time as of May 10.

D6MjQyQU8AAjH7e.png

Since then, Endgame has reached $34.5m and 11m admissions, and with $15.2m Aladdin has entered the top 10. Aladdin could challenge Aquaman at #5, but since the holiday's over, also Dark Phoenix and SLOP 2 will be released next week, I think it will drop hard and settle at #6. But it has surprised me every week so far, so who knows.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 4

$50mn OS-China-Japan weekend for Aladdin, The Jungle Book was $37mn in 3rd weekend. Ofcourse Eid helped it in some countries but not by that much.

It's $315mn in OS-C-J at moment, and shall add another $140-150mn, for $455-465mn.

China seems like will close around $55mn Approx as well. Giving $510-520mn without Japan.

Well, Japan is now unpredictable market of world IMO. But going by opening talks of $90-120mn are there, so $600mn approx basically, at high end $640mn, or $650mn.

Domestic seems like $325-335mn Approx closing. So we are going at $925-985mn.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$50mn OS-China-Japan weekend for Aladdin, The Jungle Book was $37mn in 3rd weekend. Ofcourse Eid helped it in some countries but not by that much.

It's $315mn in OS-C-J at moment, and shall add another $140-150mn, for $455-465mn.

China seems like will close around $55mn Approx as well. Giving $510-520mn without Japan.

Well, Japan is now unpredictable market of world IMO. But going by opening talks of $90-120mn are there, so $600mn approx basically, at high end $640mn, or $650mn.

Domestic seems like $325-335mn Approx closing. So we are going at $925-985mn.

so it could really challenge 1 bill ? even though its unlikely ?