kayumanggi

ALADDIN | 695.1 M overseas ● 1050.7 M worldwide

21 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$50mn OS-China-Japan weekend for Aladdin, The Jungle Book was $37mn in 3rd weekend. Ofcourse Eid helped it in some countries but not by that much.

It's $315mn in OS-C-J at moment, and shall add another $140-150mn, for $455-465mn.

China seems like will close around $55mn Approx as well. Giving $510-520mn without Japan.

Well, Japan is now unpredictable market of world IMO. But going by opening talks of $90-120mn are there, so $600mn approx basically, at high end $640mn, or $650mn.

Domestic seems like $325-335mn Approx closing. So we are going at $925-985mn.

domestic Will be in between $310 M To $315 M ... OS still has A chance to hit $640 M .. (as you said Japan is  the most unpredictable market) 

17 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

$900 M+ 

I like to be conservative when it comes to grosses. I don't want to be disappointed. There are those hoping for $1B, but I just feel like Aladdin "getting to $1B" is this movie's version of "EG going to pass Avatar".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I like to be conservative when it comes to grosses. I don't want to be disappointed. There are those hoping for $1B, but I just feel like Aladdin "getting to $1B" is this movie's version of "EG going to pass Avatar".

TS4 & FHH both are incoming .. other-wise collections would have been more ...

This could have easily been a 1.4 billion grosser. Aladdin IP is way bigger than Beauty n the beast. Sucks that Disney messed it up with the release and silly trailers. I could honestly see this becoming their next Pirates Of Caribbean franchise. It has the same potential with a new adventure every movie. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

This could have easily been a 1.4 billion grosser. Aladdin IP is way bigger than Beauty n the beast. Sucks that Disney messed it up with the release and silly trailers. I could honestly see this becoming their next Pirates Of Caribbean franchise. It has the same potential with a new adventure every movie. 

Spot on ... Poor release date & silly trailers ... with proper release date movie could have hit easily $1 Bil ..

19 hours ago, HeadShot said:

Yes this is a franchise starter imho. Unlike BtaB this has sequel potential. 

Tbf weeks ago ago we were talking about this ‘could have been a 1 billion grosser’ if marketing wasn’t so bad. But now that looks at least possible and it has become 1.4 billion. We don’t know how well this could have done with a good marketing campaign but I think the legs and backloaded numbers mean that the movie didn’t perform too far below its potential. Big opening may not have produced the legs that this movie has now.

Edited by syntaxerror
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, syntaxerror said:

Yes this is a franchise starter imho. Unlike BtaB this has sequel potential. 

Tbf weeks ago ago we were talking about this ‘could have been a 1 billion grosser’ if marketing wasn’t so bad. But now that looks at least possible and it has become 1.4 billion. We don’t know how well this could have done with a good marketing campaign but I think the legs and backloaded numbers mean that the movie didn’t perform too far below its potential. Big opening may not have produced the legs that this movie has now.

yeah ... this is a franchise starter with huge box office potential .. on a different release date movie would have done $1.2 To $1.3 B ..