kayumanggi

ALADDIN | 695.1 M overseas ● 1050.7 M worldwide

8 minutes ago, Omni said:

Am I the only one who is a little disappointed by the numbers? The wonderful holds in Japan and South Korea should have lead to a 50+ weekend, shouldn't they?

actuals could be 50+ , plus you do know that last week it made 70 mill right ? a 50 mill this weekend is fantastic

Japan's cume is a little bit bigger than expected, isn't it? Also, in Indonesia it only needs less than $500k to beat Aquaman to become the 5th biggest foreign film of all time, just behind Endgame, Infinity War, Captain Marvel, and Fast & Furious 8. I think it's one of the most successful countries for Aladdin, if not the most successful so far.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, catlover said:

Japan's cume is a little bit bigger than expected, isn't it? Also, in Indonesia it only needs less than $500k to beat Aquaman to become the 5th biggest foreign film of all time, just behind Endgame, Infinity War, Captain Marvel, and Fast & Furious 8. I think it's one of the most successful countries for Aladdin.

I could swear yesterday i saw somewhere it could reach 30m in japan.. it was around 25m.. i remember thinking it needed a bit better sunday than saturday to do it(~5m).. so does this mean it reached ~7m sunday or have i missed something?

TTVOMJ

8 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

I could swear yesterday i saw somewhere it could reach 30m in japan.. it was around 25m.. i remember thinking it needed a bit better sunday than saturday to do it(~5m).. so does this mean it reached ~7m sunday or have i missed something?

TTVOMJ

Yeah I saw that too. Maybe the reported numbers were underestimated? I don't know. We have to wait for the actuals.

55 minutes ago, Omni said:

Am I the only one who is a little disappointed by the numbers? The wonderful holds in Japan and South Korea should have lead to a 50+ weekend, shouldn't they?

i think yes ...  actually China totally done ... & few markets as well

Edited by Sunny Max

29 minutes ago, catlover said:

Japan's cume is a little bit bigger than expected, isn't it? Also, in Indonesia it only needs less than $500k to beat Aquaman to become the 5th biggest foreign film of all time, just behind Endgame, Infinity War, Captain Marvel, and Fast & Furious 8. I think it's one of the most successful countries for Aladdin, if not the most successful so far.

2 days Japan weekend gross is $9.7 M ...  total cume estimated is $31 M ... this $32.6 M figure is wrong .. they will adjust it .. 

$20.0m in Spain means about €17.85m. That implies about €2.8m whole week. I can not compare with previous week because we had a discount period with very inflated weekdays, but I am guessing 1.7-1.8 weekend, what means about 30% drop relative to last weekend (€2.49m).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Omni said:

I was hoping 50+, wouldn’t be shocked if actuals scraped by.