kayumanggi

ALADDIN | 695.1 M overseas ● 1050.7 M worldwide

On 6/16/2019 at 11:28 PM, Charlie Jatinder said:

$29mn OS-C-J-K weekend compared to $47mn previous weekend, which was Holiday weekend in Muslim regions. So great hold of just 39% drop.

Competitively The Jungle Book did $20mn in same set of markets. 

The cume is $340mn Approx without these three, and shall add another $100mn to $440mn.

China gonna conclude at $54mn. Korea will go on to $55mn Approx as well while Japan at $100mn.

This gives $650mn Overseas. A little better marketing, and this film was doing over BaTB.

With Korea saying lol to that $55mn, $75mn is actually possible. That point toward $670mn. lol.

It will be crazy if this miss $1 Billion by some $10mn. Perhaps we will need a Labour Day expansion for this one as well 😛

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Perhaps we will need a Labour Day expansion for this one as well 😛

Not so far fetched. I can imagine a scenario where Endgame gets Labor Day IMAX but Aladdin/TS4 gets the big standard format expansion (Endgame already on digital release makes that pretty unlikely).

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 2:21 AM, druv10 said:

Both SK and Japan are continuing to over-perform, 1B WW is looking very likely now. 

On 6/22/2019 at 2:49 AM, KP1025 said:

Just like Frozen and Bohemian Rhapsody. Musically-based films can really explode in these markets.

I was thinking the same. $90-100M is probably locked now according to corpse but I think we will see something in between Frozen and Bohemian Rhapsody In Japan. I believe 150-170M is within it's realm

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 1

Considering they're DTV movie, they're overall good. Prince of the Thieves is probably better, but I personally like The Return of Jafar more.

Though they - especially #2 - only work as toons with limited budget, they can't be taken into account (let alone a shot-by-shot) for a LA sequel.

• Like 1

And even if they beef up the very slight DTV stories to be more adventurous there's the problem of the soundtracks. The sequel songs were cheaply made silly tunes no one remembers. I really don't think a theatrical sequel is that possible even if Aladdin goes beyond the billion mark. Maybe cheaper Disney+ movies but that wuld be pretty much the same with the dtv sequels so I really don't care about that.

9 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i wouldnt say that, ts4 is looking to make 950-1bill, in the same range with aladdin

yes definitely .. TS4 still a $1 B contender 

Friday(include previews) OS gross is around $38 M from 49 markets ... (this is without Italy , France , Germany & Japan)

OW looking to $120 M + 

• Like 2

𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟭 = $215M
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟮 = $450M (+235M)
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟯 = $608M (+158M) 
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟰 = $727M (+119M)
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟱 = $810M (+83M)
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟲 = $870M (+60M)
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟳 = $915M (+45M)
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟴 = $945M (+30M)
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟵 = $965B (+20M)
𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 = $1.010B

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

8 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Another 50M from Japan, 25M from Korea, 50M Dom. Add that to 810M, that would be 935M. Can it get 65M from the remaining markets for 1B?

Off like an 18M weekend? It’s a tall order. If K+J can throw in  another 15M (seems totally plausible to me) then we’re talking.

7 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Another 50M from Japan, 25M from Korea, 50M Dom. Add that to 810M, that would be 935M. Can it get 65M from the remaining markets for 1B?

Needs a greater hold next week, which looks rather empty (other than Pets opening in a few countries). -33% against TS4 is very good, but it's still above 40% when you consider the OS-Jap-SK markets. It needs: 9M dom, 12M from the OS-Jap-SK markets, 8 from Japan and 6 from SK. 35M overall weekend for an 875M total. Then Spider Man will hurt it and LK will kill its late legs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Needs a greater hold next week, which looks rather empty (other than Pets opening in a few countries). -33% against TS4 is very good, but it's still above 40% when you consider the OS-Jap-SK markets. It needs: 9M dom, 12M from the OS-Jap-SK markets, 8 from Japan and 6 from SK. 35M overall weekend for an 875M total. Then Spider Man will hurt it and LK will kill its late legs.

Also unlike japan (or in a lesser way) once Aladdin slows down in SK it will crash and burn, so SK is less reliable for late legs because 2 strong movies opening 1 week apart from each other could mean the end of Aladdin. In Japan competition is less of a problem, dvd releases onthe other hand are 😛

• Like 1