kayumanggi

ALADDIN | 695.1 M overseas ● 1050.7 M worldwide

At this rate they're gonna run out of recognisable embedded in pop culture animated films to remake. Already 3 out of the 4 big animated films that defined the Disney Renaissance have been remade with The Little Mermaid remake not far off in the future.

Anyways I guessed $500M OS at the start of the year but that seems to be an overestimate. Should do quite well in Europe and so far seems meh numbers in Asia. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Dumbo did $235m OS

Okay and? Dumbo did really well in European markets. Seems like Aladdin will too. I don’t see it doing all that better than Dumbo did in Asian markets and Latin America. 

Edited by Nova

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

SK OD is less than half of what BATB did

BATB did nearly USD12m for opening, ALaddin should be able to clear 5m, ok result for this musical-friendly market.     

It will probably depend if wom is good, in the korean thread someone told that audience reaction is "great"

5 hours ago, Nova said:

Okay and? Dumbo did really well in European markets. Seems like Aladdin will too. I don’t see it doing all that better than Dumbo did in Asian markets and Latin America. 

Dumbo Asian markets wasn’t impressive at all. Especially japan

movie only did 8 million there 

Aladdin should do that in fw

4 hours ago, Jiffy said:

I wonder if this is all leading up to a TLK under-performance OS. 

If the reviews for TLK is delayed to release day and is as mediocre as this one then its in trouble. But JF directed Jungle Book had strong reviews and feedback from footage at cinema con was glowing, so we have to wait and see how things go.