kayumanggi

ALADDIN | 695.1 M overseas ● 1050.7 M worldwide

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I think that we bought into Internet outrage over a,b,c Aladdin "transgressions" that GA absolutely does not care about. And by GA I mean worldwide GA, not just domestic one. It's a beloved story with a huge star and popular songs. it was going to be a hit no matter how many memes twitter comes up with. 

Well even without knowing the controversies, the GA still had internet access, watched the trailers and wasn't impressed. At least here the hype was really low before the movie was opened. One of my friends, who is the definition of "GA", thought the Genie was weird. But thanks to its great WOM, Aladdin opened to a surprisingly big number ($5.7m) in Indonesia, and is poised to become one of the biggest movies of the year, despite being a musical, a genre that is not popular at all here. The point is, Aladdin is overperforming, considering the lack of hype before its release.

Edited by catlover

8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

can i ask what the final total looks like ?

at this point WW over 700 is looking good,if it have good hold the rest of its run and great number from Japan over 800$ is quite possible

31 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

That Indonesia's number! :ohmygod:

Didn't expect it to pass $10m so easily. Already outgrossed BatB, and will make more than most MCU movies. Did not see this coming at all. If it survives local films' attack on Eid week, it could even secure a spot inside the top 10 imported film of all time! That is unprecedented for a musical film. Then again, it's not just a musical. It has romance, drama, comedy, and action. A movie for all and a perfect one for holidays.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 5

Opening weekend : $123M

second weekend : $78M 

that’s an OUTRAGEOUS 36.5 % DROP.

could target 35% drop with actuals. 

I’m expecting $335M OS total until next weekend.

Great things are

-the frontloaded China already opened (it also seems has a decent hold there tho ). 

-the leggiest market still to come ( Japan )

so expect a great hold over next weeks with DP looking to flop , KotM and MiB looking to be an underperformed and SLOP not looking too good ( UK is an early indication )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Opening weekend : $123M

second weekend : $78M 

that’s an OUTRAGEOUS 36.5 % DROP.

could target 35% drop with actuals. 

I’m expecting $335M OS total until next weekend.

Great things are

-the frontloaded China already opened (it also seems has a decent hold there tho ). 

-the leggiest market still to come ( Japan )

so expect a great hold over next weeks with DP looking to flop , KotM and MiB looking to be an underperformed and SLOP not looking too good ( UK is an early indication )

could hit 800+