kayumanggi

TOY STORY IV | 639.4 M overseas ● 1073.4 M worldwide

On 6/30/2019 at 8:53 AM, keysersoze123 said:

Terrific holds and still few good markets to open at. I want to see how Spidey affects it next week before projecting it but its exceeding my expectations.

Hong Kong 11 July 2019  
Japan 12 July 2019  
Slovakia 8 August 2019  
Lithuania 9 August 2019  
Poland 9 August 2019  
Germany 15 August 2019  
Denmark 29 August 2019  
Sweden 30 August 2019  
Finland 6 September 2019  
Norway 6 September 2019  

it grossed 82.83m over past week and still has quite a few markets to open. I think 600m OS can happen and that should be suffice for 1B WW.

• Like 1

According to Mojo, here is what the OS markets still to open grossed for TS3. 

Given that it's performed similarly in other markets, we can assume it should be in the same ballpark for these ones too;

Hong Kong - 11.5 million

Japan - 126.7 million (!!!!)

Slovakia - 0.5 million

Lithuania - 0.2 million

Poland - 3.9 million

Germany - 17.1 million 

Denmark - 5.3 million 

Sweden - 5.8 million 

Finland - 2.5 million

Norway- 3.4 million 

Even figuring Japan sees a large decrease and giving it about 70 million there, that's still approx 120 million still to come from new markets. 

It's currently at 652 million global with plenty of gas left in the tank in both domestic and overseas markets. 

I don't see how it misses at this point unless Germany and Japan *really* underperform compared to past comps. 

On 7/7/2019 at 12:36 PM, keysersoze123 said:

Considering Spidey opened everywhere it was a good hold. Next weekend it should have a great hold plus summer weekdays in many markets should help.

It should also be helped domestically on the weekend TLK releases. 

As we've seen all summer, double features seem to help out other Disney films quite a bit, and I'm sure a lot of double features will pair it with either Aladdin or TS4. 

Last weekend it was $43.1m USD. If we subtract the OW's in HK and Japan (both very good btw) it did 28.2m this weekend. 

Week to week it was down 34.5%, this is decently good I would say. 

Edited by pepsa

I fail to see how it could miss the 1B milestone. Close to 70M WW weekend for a 770+ total, with summer weekdays in Japan and most of the North Europe countries still to open (Germany included). Without TLK, I would bet on 1.1B+.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Omni said:

I fail to see how it could miss the 1B milestone. Close to 70M WW weekend for a 770+ total, with summer weekdays in Japan and most of the North Europe countries still to open (Germany included). Without TLK, I would bet on 1.1B+.

It could co exist with TLK. its running only in leggy markets where multiple movies could do well. If you think 1.1B+ is possible without TLK then TS3 WW is not out of question.

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

+600M is happening folks

Really happy for this movie

I was highly conservative about this. I did not think it would do well in china(and it did not) nor did it break out in Korea. Still its doing so great. Thank god for LA. Numbers are phenomenal in that market. Already breaking endgame records in certian markets !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Last week it did $82.8m monday till sunday.

This week excluding the new countries it did $59m, that said actuals always go up a bit so lets say excluding japan and HK it would get $60m this would mean it dropped 27.5% week to week. 

These markets will probably get hit pretty harsly next week so asume a 48% drop. 

$60m => $405.8m

$31.2m (48% drop) => $437m

$22.5m (28% drop) => $459.5m

$16.8m (25% drop) => $476.3m

Let's say it will add another $30m after that for about $506.3m. 

HK will add 6m more, Japan will surely add 75m more (it could do much more btw). This means it's total would be up to 607.2m with a bunch more markets to open. So i guess around 1.05B is a safe bet atm.  

Deadline

Disney/Pixar’s Forky fourquel had a terrific start in Japan this session, posting $15.3M at No. 1 and becoming the best debut ever for a Disney Animation/Pixar title. In Hong Kong, the $4.6M bow was the best for any animated studio movie of all time. The full offshore weekend put $48.1M in the toy chest for an overseas cume of $424.7Mand a global haul of $771.1M.

In already opened territories, Toy Story 4 dropped just -30% overall from last weekend. Latin America continues to amaze. The film is now the highest ever animated release in the region as well as the highest industry grossing film of all time in Argentina and the No. 2 highest grossing industry film ever in Mexico, behind only Avengers: Endgame.

Latin America as a region fell by just 26% to cume $170.1M so far. Notable holds were seen in Argentina (-3%), Chile (-11%), Brazil (-15%) and Mexico (-37%).

Europe dipped just 31% with good holds in Spain (-29%), France (-30%) and the UK (-33%). In the latter, TS4 is the No. 2 release of the year.

The Top 5 markets are Mexico ($66.1M), UK ($53.7M), China ($28.6M), Brazil ($26.4M) and Australia ($24.2M).

Germany is still to open, on August 15.

• Like 3

I was not expecting Japan to join in with the phenomenal run of Mexico. If TS4 has great legs in Japan, it could even pass the USD gross of TS3 ($126.7 million). Something I thought almost impossible just few days before. 

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 1