kayumanggi

TOY STORY IV | 639.4 M overseas ● 1073.4 M worldwide

According to this post Toy Story 3's overseas performance adjusts to between 525 and 599 back in July of 2017: 

My conservative bias tells me that #4 will be at the low end of that, 500-550m.

Edited by MattW

5 minutes ago, MattW said:

According to this post Toy Story 3's overseas performance adjusts to between 525 and 599 back in July of 2017: 

My conservative bias tells me that #4 will be at the low end of that, 500-550m.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Toy Story 4 OS goes under Finding Dory's. Buzz seems much lower, and being sandwiched between two major family-friendly films will hurt it.

These three particular markets will very likely see huge declines in USD not just because of the ER difference but also due to natural decline from franchise fatigue. 

Toy Story 3 Top OS Markets

Japan- $126,660,533

UK- $116,625,632

Mexico- $59,382,044

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

685M OS

575M DOM

1,260B 

😲

I wouldn’t be surprised if TS4 does more both DOM & OS, considering the insanely strong presales & a potentially stellar WOM from critics & audiences.

It might beat Frozen’s WW-gross if everything goes right. The same way the third one beat Shrek 2’s WW-gross back in 2010. If that happens....history repeats itself when it comes to Toy Story.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if TS4 does more both DOM & OS, considering the insanely strong presales & a potentially stellar WOM from critics & audiences.

It might beat Frozen’s WW-gross if everything goes right. The same way the third one beat Shrek 2’s WW-gross back in 2010. If that happens....history repeats itself when it comes to Toy Story.

Yeah. Only for Frozen 2 to take it back right away.:Gaga:

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I hope it does that and more. If there's a franchise that deserves these kind of box office success is this one. 

I think it can do way more DOM but not sure about OS, Asia is a problem for Pixar (except Coco)

3 hours ago, PanaMovie said:

I hope it does that and more. If there's a franchise that deserves these kind of box office success is this one. 

I think it can do way more DOM but not sure about OS, Asia is a problem for Pixar (except Coco)

Spot On.. Asia could create the problem for TS4 ... i have doubt about china as well ... but japan will take care everything in asia .. lol

TS3 Did $126.6 M in Japan ..

9 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Spot On.. Asia could create the problem for TS4 ... i have doubt about china as well ... but japan will take care everything in asia .. lol

TS3 Did $126.6 M in Japan ..

That adjusts to around 90m with today ER. Japan doesn't have inflation and every Pixar sequel has decreased from the previous one, even Incredibles 2.

2 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

That adjusts to around 90m with today ER. Japan doesn't have inflation and every Pixar sequel has decreased from the previous one, even Incredibles 2.

Hmm Yep .. Asian markets Relatively weak for pixar ... but atleast reasonable figure much needed in Asian markets if yo have to score big in OS ...

On 6/8/2019 at 3:48 PM, keysersoze123 said:

Ok I think this could end with dom > os. Pixar never had a os uber breakout and ts4 is not going to change that 

160 ow / 520 m dom / 500m os.

If TS4 goes above 550M domestically, you'll be proven right. With 500+, you'll have a solid chance. People thinking it's doing 600/700M with disastrous LA exchange rates, 3D being dead and UK+Japan pretty certain to drop big from TS3 are just fooling themselves.

Edited by Omni
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Omni said:

If TS4 goes above 550M domestically, you'll be proven right. With 500+, you'll have a solid chance. People thinking it's doing 600/700M with disastrous LA exchange rates, 3D being dead and UK+Japan pretty certain to drop big from TS3 are just fooling themselves.

China & Japan will be the key this time ..  Same condition in spain as well .. movie might do less then TS3 (Due to 3D Factor & Less ATP) ..