kayumanggi

TOY STORY IV | 639.4 M overseas ● 1073.4 M worldwide

31 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Uk has a gigantic drop from Ts3. Australia also below Ts3 though not by much 

TS3 have a 7-day debut in the UK, that’s why is so much bigger.

TS4 debut is actually pretty great considering it made almost half of that in just 3 days.

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

TS3 have a 7-day debut in the UK, that’s why is so much bigger.

TS4 debut is actually pretty great considering it made almost half of that in just 3 days.

And in this case you have to factor in ER, the lack of 3D now off sets the inflation for this movie so TS4 has a ER of 1.27 instead of the 1.5 TS3 had

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Jezz, it's only $1.6M away from Infinity War's opening in Mexico! Third best ever and only third title ever to open with $400M lc. 

This is insane, hope legs could follow. If legs are good it might have a shot at CoCo right?

2 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Yup. At least Coco's first run which is just crazy.

It would be fun to see this kind of OW with the legs of coco, (never going to happen) but it would be so cool to follow.

1 hour ago, MaxAggressor said:

I can't believe yet Argentina perf. really I'm so happy to see that this is a country that play decently strong in Animated features. Sadly ER kills the size of the market.

• Like 5

Latin America performance so far is insane. I knew Pixar was big in the region, but TS4 is absolutely destroying the animation records like Endgame destroyed other CBMs. It's too bad about the ER compared to TS3, but perhaps OS won't drop too much from TS3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KP1025 said:

Latin America performance so far is insane. I knew Pixar was big in the region, but TS4 is absolutely destroying the animation records like Endgame destroyed other CBMs. It's too bad about the ER compared to TS3, but perhaps OS won't drop too much from TS3.

yeah SA performance is insane ... OS will depend on Europe numbers ... so far excellent opening in UK ..

11 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Top 5 single days in Mexico (lc)

1. Avengers: Endgame. Friday (OD)

2. Avengers: Endgame. First Sunday

3. Avengers: Endgame. First Saturday

4. Avengers: Infinity War. Friday (OD) 

5. Toy Story 4. First Saturday.

So yes, TS4 is a beast on the levels of top-tier Marvel.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Top 5 single days in Mexico (lc)

1. Avengers: Endgame. Friday (OD)

2. Avengers: Endgame. First Sunday

3. Avengers: Endgame. First Saturday

4. Avengers: Infinity War. Friday (OD) 

5. Toy Story 4. First Saturday.

So yes, TS4 is a beast on the levels of top-tier Marvel.

Just amazing. Is there a particular reason the Toy Story franchise is so huge in Mexico and other parts of Latin America? 

Edited by KP1025

Why did it suddenly increase more than 100% from TS3 in many LA countries? Did the people in LA countries suddenly woke up and just felt the need to love TS4? Not that I'm complaining 😆. It needs this kind of boost to compensate from a possible decline in many major markets due to ERs.

Edited by UserHN

1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

Just amazing. Is there a particular reason the Toy Story franchise is so huge in Mexico and other parts of Latin America? 

I guess is like our SW in terms of multi-generational appeal. At least here in Mexico came in a very appropriate time to draw three different generations -due to demographic boom- and still attractive to younger generations. Helped it was the very first CGI animated franchise and the premise was just catchy and intriguing. 

TS is also a franchise about union among a group of friends or family and that's super resonating, look at Coco and the F&F saga. 

• Thanks 1