kayumanggi

TOY STORY IV | 639.4 M overseas ● 1073.4 M worldwide

9 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

Japan came through in such a big way. 

I'm still shocked. 

Sequels rarely over perform. I guess almost decade wait plus insane reviews did help here. TS3 did great despite having 2 big local movies around the same time and so TS4 should co exist with other blockbusters this summer.

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Sequels rarely over perform. I guess almost decade wait plus insane reviews did help here. TS3 did great despite having 2 big local movies around the same time and so TS4 should co exist with other blockbusters this summer.

good chances for ts4 to make a billion, i hesitate to call it lock just yet

Toy Story 4 grossed an estimated $25.8M internationally this weekend. International total stands at $483.9M, global total stands at $859.4M.

Toy Story 4 grossed an estimated $48.1M internationally this weekend, including debuts of $15.3M in Japan and $4.6M in Hong Kong. International total stands at $424.7M, global total stands at. It was changed to $427.27m.

TS4 did $15.5m last weekend this means it had a full week of about $21.3m. 

I have no clue about HK but lets say $4.5m this week. That would mean Japan and HK did $25.8m this week. So OS-Japan and HK equals $30.83m, actuals always go up a bit so $32m would be a fair number to asume. 

Last week was $61m OS-Japan/HK so the week to week drop was 47.9% to ($31.6) perfectly in line with the projections last week.

The weekend was down 46.4% roughly (didn't use last weeks actuals or this weeks actuals (not out yet)). Still easly going over 1B ww. Hoping it can beat TS3.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Omni said:

Doubtful. Pretty sure this will end in a draw.

It still has releases in Germany and some smaller markets coming up in August, which I think many people are forgetting. 

It's still got a lot of gas in the tank!

Edited by VanillaSkies
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

It still has releases in Germany and some smaller markets coming up in August, which I think many people are forgetting. 

It's still got a lot of gas in the tank!

But how can TS4 beat TS4? They will end up with the exact same number. 😂

• Haha 2

Being conservative, I think this should add another 50m from dom, 50m from Japan, 60m from the other existing markets, and 20m from yet to open markets, which would make it to 1.04b. 1b seems locked.

Edited by ymblcza
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, catlover said:

But how can TS4 beat TS4? They will end up with the exact same number. 😂

I think everybody was well aware that member was referencing TS3 to TS4... 

I think we have to give the benefit of the doubt sometimes, instead of going directly to snarky comments.... 

4 hours ago, VanillaSkies said:

I think everybody was well aware that member was referencing TS3 to TS4... 

I think we have to give the benefit of the doubt sometimes, instead of going directly to snarky comments.... 

Of course we all knew it's a typo and he meant TS3. Omni's post was just a harmless joke as a response to the typo. But it looked like you didn't get that and replied it with a serious argument. I mean, what you're saying was true, but Omni wasn't actually talking about TS3. I was pointing that out to you. It was my way of saying, "Hey, he was just joking". I wasn't trying to make a snarky comment. Sorry if it came out wrong. 

Edited by catlover
  • Like 2