grim22

Bombshell | Lionsgate | Dec 13 Limited, Dec 20 wide | Jay Roach directing. From the writer of The Big Short. John Lithgow is Roger Ailes, Charlize Theron is Megyn Kelly, Nicole Kidman is Gretchen Carlson. Margot Robbie also stars

Mom: We have to pick our Christmas movie. I wanna see Bombshell. They say Charlize is so good.

Me: Yeah, I don't know. What I've read isn't great. And Jay Roach.

Mom: Who's that?

Me: The director. It's fine, we can see that.

I caved instantly because I love my mother.

42 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Thank you! Not bad, but they should release it in more theaters. I am still keeping expectations conservative to 6-8 million $ max. Although I would not be surprised if it goes to 10-12 million $.

3 minutes ago, Viktor Vilotijevic said:

Thank you! Not bad, but they should release it in more theaters. I am still keeping expectations conservative to 6-8 million $ max. Although I would not be surprised if it goes to 10-12 million $.

tbh they were probably planning to get it in closer to 2,000 but Richard Jewell's total floppage probably spooked them a bit. If it does well enough I imagine they'll add more theaters on the first weekend of January when there's only one new movie opening.

• Like 1

Edit:If you've seen the film you should definitely watch this.  It's very interesting and powerful.  Kelly actually reads from her contemporaneous journals about her interaction with Ailes.  4 out of the 5 involved here are featured as themselves in the film.  They also refute a few details in the film.

15 minutes ago, Viktor Vilotijevic said:

I think the real snub for Bombshell is Kidman. I know everyone talks about Robbie, but she has already showed the maximum she can act, and it's not bad, but way under the level of Theron and Kidman.

nicole didnt do anything in bombshell, she was in it for like 15 minutes