grim22

Bombshell | Lionsgate | Dec 13 Limited, Dec 20 wide | Jay Roach directing. From the writer of The Big Short. John Lithgow is Roger Ailes, Charlize Theron is Megyn Kelly, Nicole Kidman is Gretchen Carlson. Margot Robbie also stars

12 hours ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, this is probably gonna flop regardless. I'll be impressed if it even approaches Vice's mediocre numbers.

The reaction from Fox News will probably be a lot more entertaining then the movie itself.

4 hours ago, Avatree said:

John Lithgow is a great actor, what are you talking about?

That's going to be some insane make-up work to make him look like the guy he's supposed to be playing

Theron as Megyn is spot-on comparatively

And "THe Loudest Voice" the Showtime mini series about Roger Ailes and Fox News, with Russel Crowe as Ailes, premiers this month on Showtime and Showtime is really pushing it very heavily. And from the trailers it will cover a lot of the same material. Not good for "Fair and Balanced". Even with a big name cast, it's hard to sell people something they just saw for free a few months ago.

I will say no matter the quality of this, it's certain to flop hard at the box office. Vice sorta tanked and that had much more going for it on paper. Nobody wants to venture out to a theater to see something like this, especially not around the holidays.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Why all the comparisons to Vice in this thread - other than release date? Completely unrelated story, different people involved, Vice was sold as a comedy, haven't seen the trailer for this but I'm assuming this is being sold as a drama.

Not to mention Vice was Annapurna, this is now being distributed by lionsgate. Also this almost certainly doesn't have the insane price tag of VICE.

Edited by Avatree

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I will say no matter the quality of this, it's certain to flop hard at the box office. Vice sorta tanked and that had much more going for it on paper. Nobody wants to venture out to a theater to see something like this, especially not around the holidays.

Yeah this movie has no audience at all.