sfran43

Weekend Thread: HTM heading for about 10 mill..CRA killing it with projected 4% drop

gonna need 3x the average attendance from yesterday to today (roughly 120 purchases per location from 40 yesterday) Saturday needs to then +33% to top out at 13 million. 

RT audience score is better then I expected at 43%.  Intel from BOT had me thinking that RT score would be down further...  Would be interested to see first response reviews from the usual Friday morning early birds w/ the new openers.  Does a social media feed have this?  Particularly responses from the age 90+ crowd.

Edited by dX airdry zid

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

CRA is going to dominate at number 1 until The Nun comes out, I wouldn't be shocked if it's still in the top 5 by the end of September.

I said in yesterday's thread that I expect it to remain in the top ten until mid-October. I expect it to be knocked out of the top five on the 29th if not the 21st (depends how big Life Itself is)

• Like 1

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week's releases:

Operation Finale: 1:58. Attachment is Creed II.

The Little Stranger: 1:44. Attachments are Lizzie and Mary Queen of Scots (how many theaters is this even opening in?).

Searching: 1:38. Attachments unknown.

Kin: 1:36. Attachments are Hell Fest (new trailer) and Hunter Killer.

The ByDeluxe portal also confirms that Disney is re-expanding Incredibles 2 next week.

I wonder why people are actively hating on the likes of Mccarthy, Schumer, Scarlet Johansson, even Sandra Bullock, wanting all their movies to fail.

The premise of Happytime Murders is very interesting. Maybe the execution sucks, but people are turning personally against Mccarthy’s career instead. It’s in very bad taste..

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Xavier said:

I wonder why people are actively hating on the likes of Mccarthy, Schumer, Scarlet Johansson, even Sandra Bullock, wanting all their movies to fail.

The premise of Happytime Murders is very interesting. Maybe the execution sucks, but people are turning personally against Mccarthy’s career instead. It’s in very bad taste..

Some people like to hate, its as simple (and sad) as that.

I personally dislike pretty much everything from McCarthys career because i dont think shes funny. Same with Schumer. But wanting their careers to fail is absurd. People often tend to forget that a movies production involves hundreds of people, not just the main star(s).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Some people like to hate, its as simple (and sad) as that.

I personally dislike pretty much everything from McCarthys career because i dont think shes funny. Same with Schumer. But wanting their careers to fail is absurd. People often tend to forget that a movies production involves hundreds of people, not just the main star(s).

totally agree with all of this.  I don't think McCarthy or Schumer are funny at all, but I never root for movies to fail.  I don't root for them to succeed either but that's another story 😛

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happytime Murders doing weak business could be seen coming from miles away. No one's gonna hold this one against McCarthy.

The dog days of summer have arrived. Next weekend's gonna be even worse.

Edited by filmlover

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Happytime Murders doing weak business could be seen coming from miles away. No one's gonna hold this one against McCarthy.

The dog days of summer have arrived. Next weekend's gonna be even worse.

I'm surprised they still release new films on Labor Day weekend.  Though I will admit something like Operation Finale does peak my interest a bit.