sfran43

Weekend Thread: HTM heading for about 10 mill..CRA killing it with projected 4% drop

A guy a couple of rows down from me fell asleep and started snoring loudly during my showing of The Happytime Murders earlier today. That should tell you pretty much everything you need to know about the film.

For an alleged comedy, the film is seriously lacking in jokes, which is a shame as there are some truly great comedic actors in the movie who can sell even mediocre material. Maya Rudolph is great in her role, for instance. The central murder plot of the movie is somewhat interesting as well. There just are not enough funny moments in the film to tie it all together. There is a solid concept behind the film but the execution (no pun intended) was horrible.

I somehow think the 1973 classic Steve McQueen/Dustin Hoffman film "Papillion" needs to be worried about  being upstaged by the remake this weekend.

If ever a film was dumped, it's this one.

Edited by dudalb

CRA is gonna make a run for 200M. Insane. Will have next to no problem holding in the top 5 until at least mid to late September.

Hope that Meg and Fallout have good holds too. And, at this point, not gonna lie: I'm kinda rooting for Christopher Robin to leg it to 100M. Next weekend being Labor Day will really help it + no family competition until Smallfoot will really help it.

• Like 1

Crazy Rich Asians will likely push on the higher side which I have drop so low since the 80’s or 90’s. Unless you count Get Out or Hidden Figures. 

also Halloween being expected to pull $60 million ow. I’m excited for the film but $50 million seems the high and that’s somewhat too optimistic. 

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I have a feeling Christopher Robin is gonna get Wrinkle in Time'd at a certain point and I hope it's as entertaining as it can be

Tbf, I think that after Labor Day, it'll be somewhere in the mid to high 80's. Disney needs to keep it in theaters (somehow) until Nutcracker and then take the perfect opportunity for creative accounting double features there. I feel like it might come naturally closer to the mark than Wrinkle did. Nutcracker, on the other hand.... I dunno if it's getting anywhere close with or without creative accounting, to ruin poor @CoolEric258's streak :sparta:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Tbf, I think that after Labor Day, it'll be somewhere in the mid to high 80's. Disney needs to keep it in theaters (somehow) until Nutcracker and then take the perfect opportunity for creative accounting double features there. I feel like it might come naturally closer to the mark than Wrinkle did. Nutcracker, on the other hand.... I dunno if it's getting anywhere close with or without creative accounting, to ruin poor @CoolEric258's streak :sparta:

Yeah I can see it trudging through mid-to-high 90s through all of October.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The lack of a Disney movie for 3 months will be the biggest issue for it. Wrinkle got boosts from Avengers, Mother's Day expansion (for a movie where they are searching for their father), Solo and finally Incredibles. All within 2 months of release.

• Like 1