sfran43

Weekend Thread: HTM heading for about 10 mill..CRA killing it with projected 4% drop

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Hollywood Reporter said that it cost $70M. Although $10M does sound more likely for such a cheapo-looking production.

What I've been reading (including on THR) is that the 70M thing is actually a part of the plot of the movie itself (the budget of the AXL project), not the actual budget of the film. I do think 10M sounds more reasonable for this, though.... I'm not sure if a company like GR would even dare to put 70M in any project whatsoever.

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

What I've been reading (including on THR) is that the 70M thing is actually a part of the plot of the movie itself (the budget of the AXL project), not the actual budget of the film. I do think 10M sounds more reasonable for this, though.... I'm not sure if a company like GR would even dare to put 70M in any project whatsoever.

Considering somebody poured well over $100M into Monster Trucks, you never know. :lol:

• Haha 1

Deadline is saying that Searching is looking at $300K for the weekend from 9 theaters while Papillon is looking at $1M from 544. That seems pretty good for the former (though that means nothing for its wide release next week) and expected for the latter given the meh reviews.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, POTUS said:

chewy found a nut

4th  thursday of nov. falls on 22nd thru 28th of the month

you'll know TG for 2 reasons. 

Dallas and Detroit play on thursday and

great box office holds

I know about the football, of course.  The holds as well.  For some reason I didn't check Grinch's Thurs gross.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Holy Shiy at CRA! Damn impressive, wouldn't be surprised if it’s WB’s biggest film DOM this year. 

In December/January I will have no mercy for all of you :Venom: .  I remember every forecast about Aquaman's BO... every...

Edited by KeepItU25071906

37 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The irony if that award was created just to award Black Panther only for Crazy Rich Asians to win.

What if BP wins (real) BP and CRA wins Popular Movie? :sparta:

So happy for CRA and all of us book fans who were stanning for this and spread the word. Good job team! :hi5:

• Like 1