YM!

CAYOM 3.0.: Crowd Reports Thread

Marked Up Time

Sunday, March 22nd Y4

5:15 PM

60% full

Audience is mainly composed of young adults and teens. A few grown men, a small group of woman are there too as well as a group of coworkers.

Trailers:

Cabana Boys - a few laughs but mainly groans

Darkness Dwells Deep - a few gasps and screams

Food Wars - surprisingly a lot of laughs, mild chatter, could breakout

The Doppleganger - silence

Chuck Norris and Liam Nesson vs The Loch Ness Monster - laughs galore at the sheer bewilderness of it

The Princess Diaries 3: The Heir Apparent - lots of chatter and a few laughs

By The Balls - chatter, as well as lot of laughs especially at Bradley Cooper

This movie was pretty good and apart for a few things the audience really dug it.

• Thanks 1

Amulet II: The Last Council 

Friday, July 24th, Y4 

3:30 PM

85% full

The audience is surprisingly diverse having being composed of not only families but also teens, young adults and a bit of adults moreso than other animated movies but also less families.

Trailers:

A Fool’s Errand - small chatter

The Second Crash Bandicoot - a few laughs from the children as well as some small chatter

Samurai Pizza Cats 2 - small chatter

Sir Thymes Time - lots of laughs and chatter

Kingdom of The Sun - chatter, especially at the songs, the audience loved Michelle Pfieffer’s Yzma

SkyRiders - lots of chatter, a few oohs and aahs from the crowd

Gigantic - chatter, both adults and kids liked it

Star Fox - the teaser tore the house down, everyone loved it, applause at the end

The older audience loved it but the kids although they liked it I noticed fidgeting and some parents taking their younger children out. Great movie though. Give me my PG-13 Amulet III.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Guess I should write a teaser trailer for Star Fox now :P

I was just making an educated guess cause I doubt Resonance or Welles would be attached, and even though it’s a year long wait, a teaser is still very accurate guess but please go ahead

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I'd be interested to see you do one for Homecoming. I'd love to see the audience reactions to certain scenes in the film. 🤔

7 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Could someone do a crowd report on one piece

Me can do both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/25/2018 at 4:07 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

SkyRiders - lots of chatter, a few oohs and aahs from the crowd

I think Amulet is the only animated movie in Year 4 a SkyRiders teaser could even play before...

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cookie said:

I think Amulet is the only animated movie in Year 4 a SkyRiders teaser could even play before...

Again it made the most sense. AFE could’ve work but wouldn’t have the same exposure. Crash 2 and SPC2 are too kid friendly. Thymes and KoTS are also logical choices but Amulet (imo is a bit more mature than those two) and SkyRiders fit hand and hand.

The reason why I put Star Fox, Gigantic and SkyRiders as the only Y5 animated stuff is because the former would likely be an attachment, the latter the reason above and Gigantic being a fairy tale musical seems logical not to mention my studio like early advertising (Gadget at earliest would be attached with Thymes but the teaser would likely be in Y5 with something and Squirrel Girl is getting a major marketing push but both teasers with Thymes and KoTS were later in the year.)

• Like 1

I’d also be interested in a report from High School Musical 4, but here’s what my attachments would be for each major blockbuster.

Blue and Gold: Treasure Planet: Gauntlet of Midas and Can You Imagine?

Can You Imagine?: The Second Crash Bandicoot (2D)/A Fool’s Errand (3D/Dolby Cinema) and Kingdom of The Sun

Treasure Planet: Gauntlet of Midas: Kingdom of The Sun and God of War: Retribution 

High School Musical 4: Reunion: Medusa and Sir Thymes Time

God of War: Retribution: Unknown 

A Fool’s Errand: The Second Crash Bandicoot and Medusa

The Second Crash Bandicoot: Medusa and Artifacts: Zephyr’s Crest

Kingdom of The Sun: Artifacts: Zephyr’s Crest and The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Xmas teaser (from December to January 1st) (3D)/Medusa (2D, Dolby Cinema and IMAX) (3D; January 2nd-onward)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’d also be interested in a report from High School Musical 4, but here’s what my attachments would be for each major blockbuster.

Blue and Gold: Treasure Planet: Gauntlet of Midas and Can You Imagine?

Can You Imagine?: The Second Crash Bandicoot (2D)/A Fool’s Errand (3D/Dolby Cinema) and Kingdom of The Sun

Treasure Planet: Gauntlet of Midas: Kingdom of The Sun and God of War: Retribution 

High School Musical 4: Reunion: Gigantic and one of @Blankments films (maybe Animated Space Musical)

God of War: Retribution: Bermuda film

A Fool’s Errand: The Second Crash Bandicoot and Gigantic

The Second Crash Bandicoot: Gigantic and Inspector Gadget 

Kingdom of The Sun: Brother Bear and The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Xmas teaser (3D)/Gigantic (2D, Dolby Cinema and IMAX)

i wouldn't attach the debut trailer for an animated musical with your animated musical as well lol

probably... Thymes or Jonny Jonny lol

• Like 1

Only unrealistic thing about these crowd reports is the near-constant audience engagement with the previews. I can't imagine people being this hyped for everything especially nowadays with every trailer premiering online before it plays in theaters. :P

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 2

Earthsong: Volume 1: Haven’s Guard

Sunday, May 17th, Y4

3:50 PM

40% full

Audience:

Pretty standard mix of men and woman around 20-25 years old with a few women in their 30s. A small family is here as well.

Trailers:

Cabana Boys -  silence but a few snickers at Adam Sandler still being relevant

Guys and Dolls - small chatter

Brave - silence

Amulet II: The Last Council - best response out of the bunch with mild chatter and some laughs

ThunderCats - quiet but a few laughs at the end

Crysis - silence

Response:

A very solid film and the audiences thought it was decent too (the only problem is the family with the little girl got bored and would often talk to her parents) but the audiences didn’t really care for the ending, so I don’t know what to say.

• Like 2

Son of Rosemary

Tuesday, February 18th, Y4

55% full

7:40 PM

Audience:

Mainly teenagers and young adults and a few 12 year olds who snuck in after getting tickets to Baseball Boy.

Trailers:

Frosted: silence

Murky: silence

Earth Day: a few jump scares got some people screaming but otherwise silence

Spirit Curse: silence, a teen said it looks so awful

Tulpa: mild chatter, few scares

Jaws: The Return: mild chatter, a few laughs

The Amityville Nightmare Part II: This trailer got the best response, screams and chatter galore.

Response:

Yeah, this film was pretty bad. The audiences didn’t dig it either with about 1/4 right out walking out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Metropolitan Cinemas 

11/25/Y4

——————————————————————

Silent Hill: Restless Dreams 

10:00, 10:30, 11:30, 12:00, 12:30, 1:15, 1:45, 2:45, 3:15, 4:35, 5;05, 6:35, 8:20, 9:20, 9:50, 10:20, 11:10, 11:40

Silent Hill: Restless Dreams: In Digital 3D

1:50, 3:30, 6:45, 9:25, 12:05

Sir Thymes’ Time

10:00, 10:50, 11:00, 11:05, 12:50, 1:00, 1:50, 3:05, 3:30, 4:30, 5:05, 6:15, 7:10, 7:15, 8:55, 9:15, 11:00

Sir Thymes’ Time: In Digital 3D

10:35, 1:20, 4:00, 6:15

Food Wars

10:00, 11:00, 12:30, 1:00, 2:25, 3:05, 3:30, 4:30, 5:05, 6:15, 7:10, 8:55, 9:15, 11:00

Santa Claus: Ultimate Badass

10:25, 10:55, 1:05, 1:35, 3:40, 4:15, 6:30, 7:00, 9:50, 12:15

Guys and Dolls 

11:25, 2:00, 4:30, 7:05, 9:35, 12:15

Crysis

10:10, 12:30, 1:35, 2:45, 4:00, 6:10, 7:00, 10:00

Crysis: An IMAX 3D Experience 

10:00, 1:00, 4:00, 7:00, 10:00

A Wish For Wings That Work

9:30, 11:00, 12:15, 1:25, 3:00, 4:30, 5:15, 7:00, 7:30, 8:00

The Amityville Nightmare: Part II

7:50, 10:30

Starlit Highway

10:40, 1:05, 4:20

2 IMAXs

1 Dolby Cinema

20 Screens

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Epsilon Syndicate: Union of Thieves in 70mm

Music Box Theater, Chicago, IL

March 20, Y4 - 9:20pm

70% full

Trailers

Calendars

The Rich and Famous - some chortles at the funny parts of the trailer

The film generally had good reactions, and there was big laughs at the moments meant to be funny. However, you could tell people were getting restless during the third act. Maybe it wasn't a great choice to show this at an arthouse theater?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

The Epsilon Syndicate: Union of Thieves in 70mm

Music Box Theater, Chicago, IL

March 20, Y4 - 9:20pm

70% full

Trailers

Calendars

The Rich and Famous - some chortles at the funny parts of the trailer

The film generally had good reactions, and there was big laughs at the moments meant to be funny. However, you could tell people were getting restless during the third act. Maybe it wasn't a great choice to show this at an arthouse theater?

Pretty sure the Music Box also showed Ready Player One, so...

• Like 1

YIN

Friday, August 13th

7:15PM

80% full

The crowd was mostly adults, with some senior citizens in the mix. There were a few groups of teens, presumably Daniel Henney fans.

Trailers

• A Woman in the Crowd - A good bit of intrigue and chatter
  • O, Maestro! - Some muted laughter at a funny bit in the trailer
  • Bambi: A Life in the Woods - Quite a bit of intrigued murmurs
  • The Picture of Dorian Grey  - Silence
  • Of Pagans and Paupers  - An old lady said, "My granddaughter loves that boy!"
  • Sabrina  - One person shouted, "Is that the guy from the Sixth Sense?"

The movie got a good bit of interest the whole time, but some confusion and a few "WTFs" as things took a turn for the wild near the end. However, there were some tears at the final scene and bit of muted applause at the credits. Speaking with a few patrons, a few found it incredibly intriguing, while one old person hated it.

---

BAMBI: A LIFE IN THE WOODS in Dolby Cinema

Saturday, September 18th

11:40AM

65% full

The crowd was oddly varied. A few families thrown into the mix, but also lots of adults, seniors, some groups of young adults. A very grab-bag sort of mix. Those kids are about to see some shit.

Trailers

• Pillars of Eternity: Never Far From the Queen - A bit of chatter afterwards, mostly positive.
  • American Dragon: Flashpoint - The kids in the room seemed really excited.
  • Sabrina - A muted response, ultimately.
  • The Scavenger Wars: Part II - The visuals looked amazing in Dolby. Lots of intrigue.
  • Spark: A Hero's Promise - A few gasps at some of the big action beats, but lots of excitement overall.
  • Fantasia: The Next Dimension - Lots of intrigue across different age groups.
  • A Trip to the Moon - Some laughter at the funny bits.

Well the kids were certainly traumatized. A good bit of screaming and crying at some of the more intense bits, but above all else, they seemed pretty bored for the film's 2.5 hour runtime. A few of the families even left halfway through. However, most of the older audience, particularly millennials, were raving about it once it ended. The Dolby experience really helped it overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2