CAYOM 3.0.: Crowd Reports Thread

@Spaghetti HATED TS4 and @Blankments 

It is done.

Jonny Jonny and the Long Ass Title

Saturday, October 3rd, Y4

12:00 PM 

20% full

Audience:

Mainly families which is odd for a PG-13 movie, despite a few teens high on edibles and a frisky couple buried wayyyy back in the cinema. I am also high as fuck too.

Trailers: 

Food Wars - decent laughs from the audience

Extreme Dinosaurs 2 - chatter from the kids. The high teens and I loved it.

Kingdom of The Sun - the audience dig the Yzma centric trailer a lot, lots of cheers for the music and laughs. Should break out during the holidays.

Guys and Dolls - mild chatter, some intrigue for the songs.

Medusa - small chatter, the kids enjoyed and there is a loud moan heard from the back of the theater.

Sir Thymes Time - mild chatter, laughs at the end

Spark: Beyond The Sky - this got the best audience response. Laughs, cheers and chatter galore and a loud orgasm was heard from the young couple in the back.

Movie:

What a ride. By no means is it a good movie but it’s an otherworldly experience, while you can argue it’s the edibles, this was legitimately fun. Some of the little kids were scarred at a few moments as some of the adults were trying to figure out what the hell was going on, the teens were laughing and the couple left after finding out it wasn’t the showing for the horror film they were going to.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can You Imagine?

March 28th, 5:10pm

Paradigm Cinemas 20

Auditorium 11

85% full (400 seater)

Audience: Given the kind of movie it is, the audience is naturally mostly families, with some very young kids to a few families with tweens. There were also a few high school/college aged couples. Furthermore, it looks like a youth group bought out a couple rows of the auditorium.

Trailers:

• Amulet II: The Last Council - A gasp at one intense moment, but overall a lot of excitement.
  • Our City: Growth - silence, not a whole lot of interest.
  • Brave - One person shouted, "didn't they just make this?!"
  • American Dragon: Darkness Rising - Lots of engagement and laughs. This should be a solid hit.
  • A Wish for Wings that Work - some kids seemed interested.
  • High School Musical 4: Reunion - a few teens in the crowd got pretty excited.
  • The Second Crash Bandicoot - a bit of laughter at the final joke in the trailer.

The crowd was highly engaged, and there was a lot of laughter from the start to finish. Even a few "ooohs" at the animation shift. Waterworks certainly came pouring toward the end, which got a lot of applause. A few people even stayed through the credits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PARADIGM CINEMAS 20

• Luxurious digital cinema in every theater (including 12 with 3D capability)
  • One DOLBY CINEMA auditorium (#19)
  • One Cinerama/70mm capable cinema (#18)
  • Full service arcade, bowling alley, bar, and restaurant on the premises.

Auditorium Sizes: (Switching up a bit to reflect my IRL cinema)

• Small (3-6)
  • Moderate (1-2, 7-8, 10-11, 13-14)
  • Moderate-Large (9, 12, 15-16, 20)
  • Large (17-19)

JUNE 14TH, Y3

Spoiler

THE ODYSSEY: COUNSEL OF THE DEAD (PG-13, 154min)

2D: 9:45AM, 10:15AM, 11:15AM, 11:45AM, 1:15PM, 1:45PM, 2:45PM, 3:15PM, 4:45PM, 5:15PM, 6:15PM, 6:45PM, 8:15PM, 8:45PM, 9:45PM, 10:15PM

3D: 12:15PM, 3:45PM, 7:15PM, 10:45PM

DOLBY: 10:45AM, 2:15PM, 5:45PM, 9:15PM

RIPPER (R, 111min)

2D: 10:20AM, 11:40AM, 1:00PM, 2:20PM, 3:40PM, 5:00PM, 6:20PM, 7:40PM, 9:00PM, 10:20PM, 10:55PM

DAN THE ALPACA (PG, 100min)

2D: 9:50AM, 11:05AM, 12:25PM, 3:05PM, 4:20PM, 5:40PM, 6:55PM, 8:15PM

3D: 1:40PM, 9:35PM

AEROPHOBIA (R, 74min)

2D: 4:15PM, 6:30PM, 8:40PM, 10:50PM

HE-MAN II: THE REVENGE OF SKELETOR (PG-13, 122min)

2D: 10:00AM, 12:55PM, 3:55PM, 7:00PM, 10:05PM

3D: 12:00PM, 3:05PM, 6:05PM, 9:05PM

GOD OF WAR (R, 142min)

2D: 9:30AM, 12:45PM, 4:05PM, 7:20PM, 10:30PM

ZOLDAR: WARRIOR BEAST FROM OUTER SPACE (PG-13, 85min)

2D: 10:40AM, 1:05PM, 3:25PM, 5:50PM, 8:05PM, 10:25PM

BIOSHOCK (R, 138min)

2D: 10:10AM, 1:20PM, 4:25PM 7:35PM, 10:40PM

UNDER THE SEA (G, 85min)

2D: 11:35AM, 2:00PM

SPARK: HOMEWARD (PG-13, 152min)

2D: 11:20AM, 2:50PM, 6:10PM, 9:25PM

BATTLETOADS (PG, 102min)

2D: 11:25AM, 2:05PM, 4:40PM, 7:25PM, 10:10PM

CATACLYSMIC (PG-13, 142min)

2D: 10:30AM, 1:55PM, 5:20PM, 8:50pm

LILO & STITCH (PG, 110min)

2D: 11:00AM, 1:50PM, 4:35PM, 7:10PM, 9:55PM

THEATRES

1. SPARK: HOMEWARD

2. BIOSHOCK

3. BATTLETOADS

4. CATACLYSMIC

5. LILO & STITCH

6. UNDER THE SEA/AEROPHOBIA

7. HE-MAN 2 (3D)

8. DAN THE ALPACA

9. DAN THE ALPACA

10. RIPPER

11. GOD OF WAR

12. THE ODYSSEY 2

13. ZOLDAR

14. HE-MAN 2

15. THE ODYSSEY 2 (3D)

16. RIPPER

17. THE ODYSSEY 2

18. THE ODYSSEY 2

19. THE ODYSSEY 2 (DOLBY)

20. THE ODYSSEY 2

• Like 4

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

Paradigm Cinemas 20

Sunday, December 26th, 1:45PM

SOLD OUT, 300-seater

The audience was predominantly families, which isn't too surprising, especially since kids couldn't get into the Scavenger Wars. However, groups of all ages were there. Given the strong reviews and comic lore, the audience was very four quadrant. This definitely took up a lot of capacity at the theater due to a lack of many compelling options that were family friendly.

TRAILERS:

• The Fairly Oddparents - Some excitement, but the kids seemed too young to get hyped.
  • Pokemon: The Cinnabar Conspiracy - Kids were very excited for this one, more than a few shouting "POKEMON!" before it started.
  • Lumberjanes: Secret of the Eye - A few laughs and some excited chatter.
  • Model Dogs - The kids didn't seem very interested, to say the least.
  • Nights into Dreams - One kid seemed a bit scared, but the audience was moderately into it.
  • Super Mario Bros. - Definitely the best reaction, with one kid shouting "I want to see that!"
  • Gateways - The trailer was a bit cryptic, but nonetheless got a lot of intrigue. Some ooohs.

The audience was laughing the whole time and very much enjoying itself. There was a bit of applause at the end, and some laughs at some of the obscure Marvel cameos, and a big laugh at the Marion and Cassie cameo. This should be a big hit even after the holidays are over.

• Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 1

The Scavenger Wars Part II

A Letterboxd review by Vincent Adultman

Scavenger Wars 2 is the best movie I've ever seen since Odyssey 3. It is a movie by adults, for adults, like the tall rides at Disneyland!

I went to the movie place and bought one ticket, three popcorns, and three sodas to this movie, because I make money at the business factory and I like to watch movies, especially movies for adults. This movie has a lot of blood and boobs, which makes it very adult— I mean it has... uh... themes, and stuff adult movies have, which makes it very deep. Me and my friends— I mean, I really like the part where the lady kills everyone, because it is very deep and stuff. She has a alcohol, and I want a alcohol.

I do not like the Sunn character, because she's like a kid, and I thought this was a movie about adults!!!

This is a very good movie all adults should watch, especially after they go on the stock market and do business and uh... make money. Princess Carolyn said I should take Kevin to go see Squirrel Girl, but that stuff is for babies! I don't wanna see that!

Five stars, best movie ever since the Pepsi Long Syndicate, which is the number two best movie ever!!

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, cookie said:

The Scavenger Wars Part II

A Letterboxd review by Vincent Adultman

Scavenger Wars 2 is the best movie I've ever seen since Odyssey 3. It is a movie by adults, for adults, like the tall rides at Disneyland!

I went to the movie place and bought one ticket, three popcorns, and three sodas to this movie, because I make money at the business factory and I like to watch movies, especially movies for adults. This movie has a lot of blood and boobs, which makes it very adult— I mean it has... uh... themes, and stuff adult movies have, which makes it very deep. Me and my friends— I mean, I really like the part where the lady kills everyone, because it is very deep and stuff. She has a alcohol, and I want a alcohol.

I do not like the Sunn character, because she's like a kid, and I thought this was a movie about adults!!!

This is a very good movie all adults should watch, especially after they go on the stock market and do business and uh... make money. Princess Carolyn said I should take Kevin to go see Squirrel Girl, but that stuff is for babies! I don't wanna see that!

Five stars, best movie ever since the Pepsi Long Syndicate, which is the number two best movie ever!!

Personally I think he’s just jealous as Bojack has a cameo in TUSG.

Spark: A Hero’s Promise: An IMAX Experience

Metropolitan Cinemas

Thursday, March 3rd, Y6

350/350 seats (100% full)

7:00 PM

A wide variety of audience in the theaters; super fans in cosplay dressed as Kozar or Alex, families with small kids, teens, as well a wide range of adults. This is the most definite four quadrant audience I’ve seen since Lotor.

Trailers:

• Raspitte Street Kids: A Bunny’s Tale ad - a short 30 second clip that elicits unanimous groans of boredom and hatred
  • Super Mario Bros - scattered chatter and laughter, the children in the audience loved this one, and some of the older audience seemed interested
  • Children of Eden - mild chatter, whilst the kids weren’t as excited, the adults in the audience, especially the old folks dug the trailer.
  • Thermal - mild chatter, a few oohs at some of the destruction scenes.
  • Green Arrow - mild chatter as well as mild interest
  • He-Man IV: The Scourge of Snake Men - same response as GA
  • Mass Effect: Ascension - this got the best response. Lots of chatter, and gasps during action beats
  • Lumberjanes: Secret of The Eye - lots of laughs, the children were excited as some teens and adults were intrigued by “the makers of Bounty Hamster” which has become the Shrek of this generation
  • XJ9: Rebirth - mild chatter, though oddly some confusion and intrigue

The movie itself the audience and I absolutely loved. Lots of cheers at certain scenes like

Spoiler
  • Alex’s reunion with Everett
  • Tarek’s death
  • Xevarre’s redemption

Lots of laughs when Aera is on screen, a few tears during some scenes but the action scenes got the most oohs and aahs. All and all, this was an excellent way to end the franchise and a certain crowdpleaser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chuck Norris and Liam Nesson vs The Current Hollywood Landscape

Metropolitan Cinemas

Tuesday, February 15th, Y6

54/120 seats (45% full)

5:30 PM

The audience is mostly composed of men around 20-27, most of which are fans. However a decent amount of the GA is here out of curiosity.

Trailers

• God of War: Kingdom Come - small chatter, the audience just didn’t seem too interested in this one
  • The Thin, The Phat and The Felon - mild chatter with a few laughs during the last joke
  • Spark: A Hero’s Promise - cheers and chatter, the audience seemed really excited for it.
  • Home Invasion: Part II: Abduction - silence
  • The Jeremy Renner App: The Movie - some laughs, although a few teens questioned if it was a fake trailer
  • Plus One - while outside of the movie’s target audience, a decent amount of laughs were given, especially at Lance Garrett

The movie was extremely ludicrous and excellent, the audience seemed to think so too as there was a lot of laughs and applause at the action scenes. 

Spoiler

Thomas The Tank Engine appearing at the end got the largest amount of laughs in a theater I’ve ever seen.

Despite some confusion at the end, the audience seemed to enjoy it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spaghetti said:

Oh believe me it was not mandatory.

Also, at that theatre, more people would have seen that Rapsittie ad from that showing than seen the movie altogether.

I just assumed that it’d be something you guys would do just to fuck with the GA.

Lumberjanes: Secret of The Eye

Metropolitan Cinemas
Saturday, May 21st, Y6

119/170 seats (70% sold)

12:30 PM

Mainly families at the showing, though there are a few teens. Unsurprisingly, the audience is mainly female children compared to male children, as the nature of the film.

Trailers:

• Pikmin - mostly silence, the kids of the audience seemed out of it
  • Rhino Riders - a small chuckle at the end of the trailer due to a poop joke
  • Baseball Boy: The Base Thief - small chatter at the appearance of Mulaney
  • Shiverin’ Gulch - mild chatter and a couple of laughs. Some teens got excited to hear Old Town Road while a little girl was frightened at one scene
  • Gateways - this one got the best response, lots of oohs at the animation and chatter
  • de Blob - some laughs and mild chatter at Margot Robbie
  • XJ9: Rebirth - the audience dug the more action packed trailer compared to the suspenseful teaser. A decent amount of chatter was gained

The movie itself is a pure blast. One of the best if not the best family movie of the year. The audience loved it especially the younger girls in the audience. Lots of laughs especially during a joke at the end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Super Mario Bros.

Friday, April 1st

6:55pm

95% full (400-seater)

The audience had a lot of families, not surprising given the PG nature of the film, but also several grown fans of the mario games. A few people even dressed as characters from the game. For example, two parents dressed as Mario and Peach, while their children were Toad and Yoshi. The theatre was pretty packed, as a whole.

Trailers:

• Lumberjanes: Secret of the Eye - The kids seemed really into it, and it also got quite a few laughs.
  • Pikmin - Some intrigue, albeit more among older audiences than kids.
  • Rhino Riders - One boy was SO into this trailer. Like. Obsessed. He shouted out for rhinos and how he wants to see it so bad.
  • Nights into Dreams - Very muted response - most people were checking their phones during the trailer.
  • De Blob - Kids seemed into the style, but not a huge reaction.
  • Should You Imagine? - A lot of surprised and excited audiences. One person apparently really loves Earl.
  • Gateways - Lots of intrigue and excitement.

The movie itself was a big hit, with some awws and laughs throughout the film. A little bit of muted applause when fan favorite characters appeared. A few kids got a bit restless as the second act, but overall people really liked it. Fans of the game were ultimately super satisfied.

Children of Eden

Sunday, April 17th

1:10pm

100% full (300-seater)

There were some very old church groups behind us. I brought my parents, but we were more interested in the visuals and storytelling. A few families, but this was an...interesting audience. I was called an atheist yuppie by one old lady.

Trailers:

• Green Arrow - A good bit of intrugie from the whole crowd.
  • The Ancient Magus Bride and the King of Cats - Someone shouted, "THIS IS NOT OKAY"
  • Forgiveness - A few chuckles, but one person was sick of this "commie propaganda"
  • The Last Policeman - A lot of intrigue across the audience, but the kids weren't too into it.
  • He-Man IV: Sons of the Serpent - One person needed the whole plot of the saga explained to them.
  • Plus One - A few chuckles, moreso from the younger audiences.
  • Shiverin' Gulch - A kind of muted response, but some people were intrigued.

A lot of people complained that the film was very inaccurate and pointed out mistakes, often out loud, much to the chagrin of the audience. One person was so confused when a white man and a black woman had Latino and Asian sons. A few others were avid theater  nerds and kept singing along. And a baby was crying a lot of the time. It was a very, very weird crowd experience.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 2

Olive The Other Reindeer 

Metropolitan Cinemas

Tuesday, November 23rd, Y5

95/120 seats

7:30 PM

The audience is mostly composed of mainly families but the audience is somewhat 4 quadrant as slowly but surely Shining Star Animation has created somewhat of a brand 

Trailers:

• Spark: A Hero’s Promise - cheers and chatter, lots of excitement. This got the best response
  • Dog Models - silence mostly except for one toddler shouting “Doggy!”
  • The Fairly Oddparents - mild intrigue
  • Pokémon: The Cinnabar Conspiracy - lots of oohs and aahs. Both kids and adults were intrigued 
  • Super Mario Bros - lots of laughs and chatter. The kids seemed really excited for it as well as nostalgic adults.
  • Lumberjanes: Secret of The Eye - lots of laughs, kids liked it more than adults
  • Children of Eden - this got the most intrigue of the general audience as the kids like the songs
  • Duck Hunt - decent chuckles.

The movie was excellent, the audience seemed to think so too as there was a lot of laughs and applause throughout. Some teared up at certain scenes and some kids sang along. Should dominate the holidays.

• Like 1

Dear Evan Hansen in Dolby Cinema

Metropolitan Cinemas
Friday, June 23rd, Y7 

245/300 seats (82% sold)

7.30 PM

The audience is composed of mainly a mix of teenage girls around 13-17 as well as some adults in their mid 20s. I saw a few families with children inside, as well as some theater buffs.

Trailers:

• Should You Imagine? - some mild intrigue from the younger adults, as well as the children in the audience. A few laughs at the end.
  • Scooby-Doo: Cult of The Creeper - mild chatter, as a few teens dug the songs as well as the romance brewing.
  • The Exchange - muted chatter, a few laughs.
  • The Layover - a decent amount of laughs
  • Tongues - mild chatter
  • Adult Swim Bomb Scare Non-Fiction Documentary for Theaters - silence but it’s expected from the audience
  • Birdwing - Got the best response from the audience, lots of chatter and laughs.

While I was a bit mixed on the movie I enjoyed it, and the audience loved it too. The teens loved the drama, the theater geeks sung along as even the families had some fun with some songs (though the child behind me got bored and started kicking my chair but the parents left with the child to go watch Adam and Cindy). I think Dear Evan Hansen will be a beast this summer.

• Like 1