sfran43

Wednesday numbers

4 minutes ago, Premium George said:

28% drop from last wed for CRA.

And only a 38% drop from yesterday even though it went up 60%.  This film is a monster!

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

I see $35m is predicted for CRA over the weekend.

I know people on here predicted it would remain flat over these weeks, but it confuses me me why they knew it would happen instead of following the normal drops.

Anyone care to explain ?

1 minute ago, AndyK said:

I know people on here predicted it would remain flat over these weeks, but it confuses me me why they knew it would happen instead of following the normal drops.

Anyone care to explain ?

It was predicted for its 4-day portion. I'm predicting around $31M for its 4-day.

4 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Anyone care to explain ?

Next weekend is Labor Day weekend. The 3 day (FSS) figure will be close to it's sophomore weekend with normal increases (for the fall season) on Fri. & Sat. and the Sun. number will be more or less flat from the Sat. number due LD boost. LD falls on Monday (Sept. 5th) and the extended 4 day weekend will be over 30m.

1 minute ago, SteveJaros said:

Damn .... CRA is going to pass $200m DOM. Warner's profits on that is going to be crazy indeed. 

CRW

Crazy Rich warner Brothers

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

MGM’s Mossad spy thriller Operation Finale opened yesterday to $1M at 1,818 locations, a solid start for a political thriller aimed at adults and in sync with similar titles that have played the last weekend of summer.

Yesterday’s results are ahead of the opening day of the 2011 Labor Day weekend political thriller, Focus Features’ The Debt ($970K which went on to a $8.2M 3-day, $12.8M 4-day) and ahead of Oscar-winner The Constant Gardener ($929K opening day, $8.6M 3-day, $10.9M 4-day). 

https://deadline.com/2018/08/crazy-rich-asians-operation-finale-the-meg-labor-day-weekend-box-office-1202454590/

• Like 6