Jayhawk the Hutt

Knives Out | Nov 27 2019 | 18th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Amazon Prime June 12

16 hours ago, JB33 said:

What is this supposed to mean (even if I was American, which I'm not)?

You get Trump 24/7 here.News it totally dominated by Donnie and his latest tweet. it's depressing.

Just be happy you got some shielding from his stupidity.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, Neucentro said:

I like it this is more than a popcorn thriller.  I am curious to see if the director was able to craft a politically conscious movie wrapped in a brainy mystery and say something that is so obvious and important but often escapes us and becomes our blind spot.

I have been following you in a few threads/

Jesus, do you want politics injected into every movie?

You seem to want to find some kind of political message in every freaking movie you see....

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

13 hours ago, dudalb said:

You get Trump 24/7 here.News it totally dominated by Donnie and his latest tweet. it's depressing.

Just be happy you got some shielding from his stupidity.

LOL.. The media is to blame here. They are the ones who are trying to milk every ounce of ratings. Just like the Kardashians before, Trump is just exploiting this. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Giggi said:

I was just saying the movie would likely get overshadowed by kid orientated movies like Frozen 2 on its release during Thanksgiving weekend.

Obviously, everything will get overshadowed by Frozen 2.  But let's not act like these two are competing movies.  There's no rating yet, but I can't help but think this will be R.  Parent's will obviously take their kids to see F2 over this, it's not a kids movie.  

It's also budgeted around $40m, which means it's not going to take a lot to break even.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Obviously, everything will get overshadowed by Frozen 2.  But let's not act like these two are competing movies.  There's no rating yet, but I can't help but think this will be R.  Parent's will obviously take their kids to see F2 over this, it's not a kids movie.  

It's also budgeted around $40m, which means it's not going to take a lot to break even.

Yeah it probably make a decent profit, i just wasn’t sure if entertainment aimed at adults during Thanksgiving weekend would work, but the good reviews and star power in the movie bolds very well for it.

4 minutes ago, Giggi said:

Yeah it probably make a decent profit, i just wasn’t sure if entertainment aimed at adults during Thanksgiving weekend would work, but the good reviews and star power in the movie bolds very well for it.

The Creed movies made a good amount of money on Thanksgiving weekend. So long as the movie's good (check!) and the marketing's strong (wait and see!), people will see something for adults on Thanksgiving.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Eric! said:

The Creed movies made a good amount of money on Thanksgiving weekend. So long as the movie's good (check!) and the marketing's strong (wait and see!), people will see something for adults on Thanksgiving.

Creed starred Johnny Storm. This stars other Johnny Storm. Coincidence, or destiny? :rock:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This doesn't really strike me as the kind of movie that would have the kind of mass appeal that a Rocky film would, even with the great reviews. Looper numbers would be pretty good for this, especially since this cast doesn't really have box-office draws like DiCaprio in it