Jayhawk the Hutt

Knives Out | Nov 27 2019 | 18th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Amazon Prime June 12

10 hours ago, firedeep said:

A lame Agatha Christie copycat?

Oh, so you've seen it to know it's lame?

9 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

seems more like clue, looks like a solid film with some lame comedy , but that seems to be RJ's weakness

1)He's specifically mentioned Agatha Christie multiple times.  

2)You have also seen it to know the comedy is lame?

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, firedeep said:

What I said was more of a query. You dont need to be so defensive. 

Yeah, no. A query would be something like "so this is in the mold of Agatha Christie, yes?". You, on the other hand, went with a very clear negative connotation (lame, copycat). It also seems rather odd to pretend that this genre was somehow limited to Agatha Christie. This style of storytelling was widespread back in the days. Sherlock Holmes would be another obvious example.

There was nothing defensive about what Deep Wang said, just annoyance at people who seem to judge stuff without having any idea about it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

My Mom and I watched Clue for the time last week -- in the theater -- and it was DELIGHTFUL.  So smart.

I watched it for the first time a few months ago.  I thought it was quite good despite not being remotely amused by any of the comedy in it.  I don't know how anyone finds 80s comedy to be funny.

• Haha 2

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:55 AM, Krissykins said:

Deciding not to watch this trailer and go in totally fresh. 

It doesn't open til 29th November here so hoping spoilers aren’t everywhere online beforehand. 

For a whodunnit, avoiding spoiler is not the best thing, it's the only thing....

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:57 AM, Hatebox said:

Those posters are an eyesore. Lucky the early reviews are so great, because marketing for this has kind of sucked. 

Whodunnits are always hard to market; because of the nature of the beast you are a lot more limited in what you can show and not spoil it then you are for most films.

7 hours ago, firedeep said:

Murder by Death (1976) is much better than Clue (1985)

And neither one is a really classic whodunnit. Both are more  parodies of murder mysteries then the real thing. Nothing wrong with that, it's just that you are not getting the genuine article . For that you need something more serious like "Murder On The Orient Express" .

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Whodunnits are always hard to market; because of the nature of the beast you are a lot more limited in what you can show and not spoil it then you are for most films.

Sure am looking forward to all the trolls trying to spoil this movie in its run up to release/opening week. :ph34r:

23 hours ago, dudalb said:

And neither one is a really classic whodunnit. Both are more  parodies of murder mysteries then the real thing. Nothing wrong with that, it's just that you are not getting the genuine article . For that you need something more serious like "Murder On The Orient Express" .

Is Gosford Park worth a look? 

On 9/19/2019 at 7:29 PM, Porthos said:

Sure am looking forward to all the trolls trying to spoil this movie in its run up to release/opening week. :ph34r:

That is why you need to see it first thing on its release.

1 hour ago, 35MM-18 said:

Is Gosford Park worth a look? 

YESSSSSSSSS

20 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'm also expecting trolls to try to ruin it before it gets to wide release. :kitschjob:

18 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Some are already trying.  Beware any twitter threads on official posts or YT comments.

Might I offer you:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/block-site-website-blocke/eiimnmioipafcokbfikbljfdeojpcgbh?hl=en

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I'll keep it in mind, but there's too many Twitter feeds I like to keep an eye on.  I'll just have to be careful to stay away from the ones that will attract this particular form of troll. 

• Like 2