Jayhawk the Hutt

Knives Out | Nov 27 2019 | 18th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Amazon Prime June 12

It is on track for around $10 million for its 5th weekend. Even though it lost 500 theaters (nearly 20% of them), it will actually increase 55% ($6.5m from last weekend)! That's almost unheard for a film that doesn't expand!! Go KO!!!

Edited by LegendaryBen
I needed to be more specific.
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, LegendaryBen said:

It is on track for around $10 million for its 5th weekend. Even though it lost 500 theaters (nearly 20% of them), it will actually increase 55% ($6.5m from last weekend)! That's almost unheard for a film that doesn't expand!! Go KO!!!

How long before Johnson and Lionsgate greenlight the sequel, I wonder?

Watched the movie last weekend. I quite enjoyed it. Thought it was a bit too on the nose sometimes, but overall, still enjoyable.

Gonna be a bit of a minority opinion here, but I ain’t entirely on board with Daniel Craig’s portrayal. It was...eh. 

Though, I do pretty much agree with everyone else re: Ana de Armas is a Goddess.

Also, Chris Evans needs to stop with them sweaters.

• Like 1

https://www.screendaily.com/box-office/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-soars-to-725m-at-global-box-office/5145877.article

Knives Out crossed $200m worldwide and $100m at the international box office over the holiday weekend as Rian Johnson’s all-star murder mystery climbed to $214.8m and $104.6m following a $6m haul from 70 markets.

China is the top market after five weekends on $27.9m, and many other have impressed too. Knives Out climbed 29% in the UK to reach $13.7m, 14% in Australia for $7.4m, and 50% in France to scale $6.2m – all after five sessions. Coming up are debuts in Germany on January 2, followed by Japan on January 31.

• Astonished 1

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I was neutral on Craig. I get Johnson may have had a deliberately ridiculous, American version of Poirot in mind but I couldn't help thinking that just letting Craig do his normal (or even an English upper class) accent would have sufficed. 

Rian said he was initially looking for a soft lilt and Craig came out with this.  Don Johnson said when Craig unleashed it on the rest of the cast he then knew that no he wasn't going too broad in his own performance.

Craig said he based his accent on Civil War historian Shelby Foote - I think he overshot it just a bit :lol:

• Like 2