Jayhawk the Hutt

Knives Out | Nov 27 2019 | 18th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Amazon Prime June 12

5 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

First Star Wars, now Chris Evans. Rian Johnson out here making everything better. Bless. 

No one needs to make Chris Evans better cause he's already perfect. :wub:

:hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Eat shit was it not? 4 times? 

Still, rating boards can be weird about cuss words, so who knows.

(from that link)

Why the MPAA ratings system is relevant to screenwriters is we can reverse engineer from what they to do what we write in our scripts. If we are writing a script which is at its heart a PG-13 movie, we pretty much know we can get away with at least one — and perhaps more — non-sexual F-words. [FYI, we can use the word “shit” or “bull shit” multiple times, although I suspect the MPAA may bristle at its too frequent employment.]

It does kinda 'feel' like a VERY hard PG-13 from the description, though.  Hard enough to maybe land in R.

----

Of course, MY point about the Red Band Trailer WAS the multiple uses of the phrase "eat shit".  Kinda think that'd be a little... odd to put in a green band trailer.  :lol:

EDIT

Now that I think about it, I know that there are "Green Band" trailers and "Red Band" trailers.  But is there such a thing as a PG-13 trailer? 

Hmm..

The MPAA issues three kinds of rating cards:

• Green band: Usually given to trailers aimed at general audiences.
  • Yellow band: Given to trailers with age-appropriate scenes that are hosted on internet only.
  • Red band: Given to trailers that contain scenes appropriate to mature audiences.

That would explain why I wasn't really familiar with "Yellow Band" trailers.

So, again: Release the Non Green Band Trailer, you cowards. :lol:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

😢

Yeah unfortunately none of his movie directorial effort impressed me. Looper especially (sorry I know you love that movie 😢)

The Last Jedi was also a weird mix of hit/miss for me (but hey, I think it held up way better than The Force Awakens)

I have high hope for this movie though.

1 hour ago, Sam said:

Yeah unfortunately none of his movie directorial effort impressed me. Looper especially (sorry I know you love that movie 😢)

The Last Jedi was also a weird mix of hit/miss for me (but hey, I think it held up way better than The Force Awakens)

I have high hope for this movie though.

:whosad: