Jayhawk the Hutt

Knives Out | Nov 27 2019 | 18th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Amazon Prime June 12

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:50 AM, aladdino said:

I just saw it and it was really good, but the comparison of evans picking this and hemsworth picking MIB4 makes no sense, evans didnt do anything here until the third act whereas hems was the big lead in MIB

ana 😍

That the Evans role in Knives Out was a much,much, better written then Hemsworth role in MIB4 had something to do with that. Evans saw it was really good role, and knew that a really good supporting part can boost and actor's career more then a  mediocre starring role.

You really needing this explained to you?

On 12/7/2019 at 5:36 PM, Goffe said:

Also, pretty asshole movie from Harlan for

Reveal hidden contents

that final shot

Hide contents

with the nurse in the balcony standing looking to the family below is a high cringe dose. 

Not shit.

The cringe levels in this were off the charts.

On a scale from 1 to 10, we d be at 16.

Rian Johnson is just a pure, unadulterated product of its time to the point of parody.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 2

I absolutely loved it. Hilarious script, awesome direction, and wonderful performances. Every actor was clearly having the time of their lives. And the mystery worked really well. Even when you think you got it all figured out, nope, there’s more to it. It both subverted typical mysteries and stayed faithful to them. Just awesome. But one quick thing that I didn’t quite get, and maybe it’s just cause I missed something:  

Reveal hidden contents

7 minutes ago, nick64 said:

I absolutely loved it. Hilarious script, awesome direction, and wonderful performances. Every actor was clearly having the time of their lives. And the mystery worked really well. Even when you think you got it all figured out, nope, there’s more to it. It both subverted typical mysteries and stayed faithful to them. Just awesome. But one quick thing that I didn’t quite get, and maybe it’s just cause I missed something:  

Hide contents

Did Ransom seriously just leave the incriminating toxicology report with Fran? He would’ve gotten away with it if he just burned that.

Spoiler

Iirc, Ransom never had the original tox report, or knew where it was. Fran got the tox report and sent a copy to Ransom to blackmail him (not realizing that it confirmed no foul play).

10 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:
  Hide contents

Iirc, Ransom never had the original tox report, or knew where it was. Fran got the tox report and sent a copy to Ransom to blackmail him (not realizing that it confirmed no foul play).

Hide contents

But he went to meet Fran because she had the original copy, which is why she blackmailed him. He set things up to make it look like Marta killed her, but just left the report on her lap. They said he realized that Marta never gave the morphine, so he would know the report showed no foul play. Just seems off to me.

On 12/12/2019 at 7:08 PM, dudalb said:

That the Evans role in Knives Out was a much,much, better written then Hemsworth role in MIB4 had something to do with that. Evans saw it was really good role, and knew that a really good supporting part can boost and actor's career more then a  mediocre starring role.

You really needing this explained to you?

Evans has smartly taken nice roles in a Bong Joon-ho and Rian Johnson film now. Not sure he's great in either but they're nice roles.

43 minutes ago, nick64 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Fran put a full copy of the report in her cannabis stash at the house (unbeknownst to Ransom) - this is the copy of the report that Marta finds and Blanc reads and in turn uses to deduce Ransom is guilty and Marta is innocent.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, MikeQ said:
  Hide contents

Fran put a full copy of the report in her cannabis stash at the house (unbeknownst to Ransom) - this is the copy of the report that Marta finds and Blanc reads and in turn uses to deduce Ransom is guilty and Marta is innocent.

Peace,

Mike

Ah you’re right! That part must’ve slipped my mind on the way home, thank you!!

so yeah flawless movie loved it

Dec 20, 2019 5 $6,125,000 -33% 2,535 $2,416   $89,573,909  

Now 22% ahead of Creed's 4th w/e and about $1.7m ahead in total (also 14% of Creed 2's 4th w/e)

If it continues the same pace as Creed it makes $115m.  But if it continues gaining ground then $120m is quite possible.  Recent openers failing and falling behind KO means it should keep it hold of it's screens longer while others lose theirs instead.

Theatrical Performance
Domestic Box Office $89,573,909 Details
International Box Office $96,000,000 Details
Worldwide Box Office $185,573,909  
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, The Futurist said:

A sequel that will totally contradicts the first film because you know

Expectations.

Subversion.

And all that jazz.

I wasn't aware there was anything in the first film to contradict.

Edited by 35MM-18
wrong word

Updated by 378k .  

Date Rank Gross % Change Theaters Per Theater Total Gross Week
Nov 29, 2019 2 $26,769,548   3,461 $7,735   $41,414,093 1
Dec 6, 2019 2 $14,216,723 -47% 3,461 $4,108   $63,553,214 2
Dec 13, 2019 3 $9,138,699 -36% 3,413 $2,678   $78,815,947 3
Dec 20, 2019 5 $6,503,186 -29% 2,535 $2,565   $89,952,095 4