Jayhawk the Hutt

Knives Out | Nov 27 2019 | 18th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Amazon Prime June 12

I love Plummer's story about he knew he was getting old, when, the early 90's a very Attractive Blonde with a three old kid in two came up to him and said "I bet you don't remember me, I was the youngest of the Trapp children in The Sound Of music".

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

It's over, lads. Rian's greek card is renewed. Some friends and family watched this on an advanced screening in LA yesterday. They hate TLJ guts, regularly watch Doomcock, Jeremy, WCBs, etc. They LOVE this. LOVE LOVE LOVE. They rave the fuck out. say movie's fun af, cast is amazing and they think it should be up for some awards. They think that space/SW simply isn't Rian's forte but mystery totally is and that he knows how to do a mystery proper unlike JJ. So yes, this will break out big time. That 25M for 5 days tracking is laughable. Once the word gets out, people will flock to theaters like nobody's business.

Dan, Chris, Ana are MVPs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

It's over, lads. Rian's greek card is renewed. Some friends and family watched this on an advanced screening in LA yesterday. They hate TLJ guts, regularly watch Doomcock, Jeremy, WCBs, etc. They LOVE this. LOVE LOVE LOVE. They rave the fuck out. say movie's fun af, cast is amazing and they think it should be up for some awards. They think that space/SW simply isn't Rian's forte but mystery totally is and that he knows how to do a mystery proper unlike JJ. So yes, this will break out big time. That 25M for 5 days tracking is laughable. Once the word gets out, people will flock to theaters like nobody's business.

Dan, Chris, Ana are MVPs. 

I didn't even know he was Greek to begin with!

• Haha 3

On 11/18/2019 at 9:19 PM, TalismanRing said:

The Arclight Early Access 7pm shows are nearly sold out so they added the Dome at 8pm.  Nice.

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/movie/early-access-knives-out?lid=1001

NYC is selling out everywhere. 

Empire has 2 showings on Friday and 2 on Saturday. 

Like, it's basically opening this weekend :D
I wonder how they will report these figures. 

12 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

NYC is selling out everywhere. 

Empire has 2 showings on Friday and 2 on Saturday. 

Like, it's basically opening this weekend :D
I wonder how they will report these figures. 

Yep, these are the NYC numbers I pull early this morning and posted in the Buzz thread

Knives Out Early Sneaks 

Tracking 16 theaters in NYC with a couple from NJ

Friday: 1,483/2,315= 64.06%

Saturday: 1,005/2,189 =45.91%

Total:  2,488/4,404 = 56.49%

Most have one show Fri & Sat (7pm).   Except AMC 25, Alamo & Kips Bay - with AMC adding another Friday and the other two another Fri & Sat after near sellouts. Newport is sold out both nights except for 1 ticket (no extra shows added yet).  Lincoln Plaza has 4 wheel chair seats left for Friday but no extra shows added yet.

(They're looking pretty sizeable in NYC.  I don't have overall comps across the 16 theaters but preview sales at my local are already ahead of FvF's Thur 4pm (70 to 65 with 2 v 4 showings) and well ahead of DA's 52 (regular previews & across 4 showings)

The AMC Empire 25 second Sat show was added later and it's already sold 95 tickets

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yep, these are the NYC numbers I pull early this morning and posted in the Buzz thread

The AMC Empire 25 second Sat show was added later and it's already sold 95 tickets

What are your thoughts at the moment on the 3-day opening weekend? How big can this break out?

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

What are your thoughts at the moment on the 3-day opening weekend? How big can this break out?

Hard to tell with the 5 day opening - Thursday deflates the Friday number.   These early previews though look bigger than DA's early previews.  Right now they look bigger than FvF Thur previews.   Could mean a $25m+ FSS unless it's crazy front loaded.

16 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Hard to tell with the 5 day opening - Thursday deflates the Friday number.   These early previews though look bigger than DA's early previews.  Right now they look bigger than FvF Thur previews.   Could mean a $25m+ FSS unless it's crazy front loaded.

I hope it can breakout and do something totally unexpected, like $35M+ FSS. If any non franchise movie is going to do that, it would be a super crowd pleaser like this one seems to be.

17 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Also need to remember that next Friday plays like a Saturday since Thursday is a holiday in the US and most people are off on Friday. 
If it can generate enough word of mouth and good will from previews this weekend and Tues/Wed/Thu shows, it might just be able to squeek past 30 million. 

Working against it of course is that it will have burned through some audience this weekend on Fri/Sat as well as Tue/Wed/Thu shows next week. 

So pretty much, this thing can go anywhere at the moment. HAHA

But the preview sales are VERY encouraging.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VanillaSkies said:

Also need to remember that next Friday plays like a Saturday since Thursday is a holiday in the US and most people are off on Friday. 
If it can generate enough word of mouth and good will from previews this weekend and Tues/Wed/Thu shows, it might just be able to squeek past 30 million. 

Working against it of course is that it will have burned through some audience this weekend on Fri/Sat as well as Tue/Wed/Thu shows next week. 

So pretty much, this thing can go anywhere at the moment. HAHA

But the preview sales are VERY encouraging.

The people who want Johnson's career to die in a wreck are probably having heart attacks at this.