NickDisney13

1917 | Christmas 2019 limited, Jan 10 2020 wide | Universal | 19th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

16 hours ago, aabattery said:

Imagine releasing your bootleg Dunkirk trailer on the day Mr. Nolan graces us with a teaser for TENƎꓕ mjlol.png

So I guess this means like the Dunkirk trailer it was more interesting/better than what Nolly gave us

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I don't get why they never include American Beauty in the trailer, that film is one of the director's most celebrated film, I guess that has something to do KEvin Spacey 

That, and the "middle-aged dad fantasizing about his teen daughter's friend" angle is not a good look these days. Read the whole plot on Wikipedia just now for a refresher...yeah, best not to highlight that one in this era of Twitter outrage.

The color grading (?) of the 1917 trailer gives it a similar look to They Shall Not Grow Old, which looked better than the first era of colorizing films, but it still isn't as vibrant as real color film can be.

7 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

That, and the "middle-aged dad fantasizing about his teen daughter's friend" angle is not a good look these days. Read the whole plot on Wikipedia just now for a refresher...yeah, best not to highlight that one in this era of Twitter outrage.

The color grading (?) of the 1917 trailer gives it a similar look to They Shall Not Grow Old, which looked better than the first era of colorizing films, but it still isn't as vibrant as real color film can be.

It's freakin' movie. I hate people who can't differentiate movies from real life.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tawasal said:

It's freakin' movie. I hate people who can't differentiate movies from real life.  

Yeah, a father never had a sleazy look towards a teen daughter s friend ever.

Never happened.

And if if happened in the past, we have evolved to "these days", the highest  moment in Human Evolution.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Yeah, a father never had a sleazy look towards a teen daughter s friend ever.

Never happened.

And if if happened in the past, we have evolved to "these days", the highest  moment in Human Evolution.

28c048baf9f08a8a45969236979c821b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2019 at 4:08 PM, lorddemaxus said:

So not one shot like it was rumored to be. Looks nice but not as interested as I was before.

On 8/1/2019 at 7:05 PM, lorddemaxus said:

I'm honestly thinking this will be more like The Revenant and Cuaron films than Birdman (will have sequences of long shots but the entire film will not create the illusion of being one long shot).

Ah, i'm right again i see.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Guilty of stupid look-at-me gimmickry until proven innocent.

I like how they call it immersive when literally every made to look like one shot feature is the opposite because of how they have to bend the story/blocking to fit their technique. Good luck to ‘em!

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:02 AM, TalismanRing said:

Not hard. :rock:

Though the Commanding officer having to throw in the incentive of saving his brother is eye rolling.  It's enough that it's an order to stave off a massacre.  Really, it's enough that it's an order.  It's the Army.

Yeah, my BS detector was triggered by that,..and a couple of other things in the trailer.

And did you have to so obviously swipe the main plot from "Saving Private Ryan".

I freely admit I am a fussbudget and a nitpicker when it comes to films dealing with Miliatary History. 

And from the general look of the film, "Wonder Woman" might have had much more of a grasp of what The Western Front in World war One looked like...

I don't think Kubrick's "Paths Of Glory" has much to worry about when it comes as being dethroned as the best film about the Western Front in WW1,

Edited by dudalb