grim22

Weekend Thread | Preview #s The Nun 5.4M, Peppermint 750k

ANNA2 did 8.75x the previews over OW.

8.5-9.0x gives NUN 44-47.

• Like 2

I think the reviews/audience score are going to hurt it over the weekend - Conjuring (outside first Annabelle) has been a franchise that has benefitted alot from much better than average reviews for horror movies. I would have seen this if it got fresh on RT, but it sounds like just another crappy horror. 

Still should be good for mid-40s ish based on that preview number.

• Like 1

I thought Peppermint would have hit more than $750K given its fandango sales this week but its possible it didn't get any walk ups or that other ticketing services weren't selling the film as much. 

Fantastic previews for The Nun, I do wonder if it can crack $100m with the low end of OW as WOM and reviews aren't strong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

so it even went up from the $4 mil.  impressive

• Like 1

50 million is definitely on the table.  That's a monster sized number.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dr Loomis baumer said:

50 million is definitely on the table.  That's a monster sized number.  

The WB streak of hits continue, I suspect legs won't be good for The Nun but it won't matter. 

I'll be curious to see how Smallfoot does at the end of September, it looks decent but WAG's track record with original animation hasn't been great.

• Like 1

Everything that isn't The Nun, Peppermint, and (to a lesser extent) Searching is dead at my theater today. Most of the holds have sold nothing, and even the first CRA in 20 minutes only has four tickets sold.

Decent start for Peppermint. Mile 22 did 1M, so this would probably land around 11M using that as a comp.

• Haha 1

not too good for Peppermint.  

The Nun looking to beat A Quiet Place @ 50.2 and possibly Paranormal Activity 3 @ 52.6  (PA3 also R-rated)

• Like 1

great number for The Nun. I would be really impressed if it reached $45M for the weekend.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be shocked if WB makes the first weekend of September their horror tentpole weekend given how well it's worked for It and Nun so maybe Crooked Man or Conjuring 3 for September 5th 2020?

That’s crazy for Nun. I said last night 5.5 should be able to get it to the 47-52 range, so 5.4 could realistically place it on that range. Peppermint isn’t bad either, given those 800k previews come from September and not summer.

Also not important but I had a dream Nun opened to 99M but everyone was just whining that it wasn’t 100. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The power of that jump scare at the end of the trailer.

Image result for the nun jumpscare gif