grim22

Weekend Thread | Preview #s The Nun 5.4M, Peppermint 750k

6 minutes ago, dX airdry zid said:

A Quiet Place opened and had the legs of a Nolan movie (Dunkirk, Batman Begins, Interstellar).  I doubt The Nun makes it to 150 w/ the same 50ish weekend.

With those RT and early Audience scores - it will wind up closer to a Snyder multi

Edited by TalismanRing

Just now, dX airdry zid said:

God Bless the Broken Road also has ties with the military, country music, and the military so there is a decent chance it could outperform the small internet footprint it's made and break up through the top ten.

Also NASCAR.  :lol:

It hit every cliche for that demo possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I went with 2 and still felt that was too high but I have very little feel for this market.

I put 1.5M, which is a $1,215 PTA. I didn't see its PTA being much better than Beautifully Broken did two weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It came to a lot of theaters in my area. The movie opened in 650 theaters with only a $900 PTA and dropped 71% last week lmao

I passed by the poster at the theater a few weeks ago and Eric Roberts is so important they gave him credit at the bottom twice. :rofl:

• Haha 1

So a debut on par with Insidous 2 likely? Either way a pretty decent preview number for the 5th film in this Conjuring Universe, considering the 4th or 5th in horror franchises usually die off by then. 

As for Peppermint, it’s ok but nothing fantastic 

Edited by Maxmoser3

Critic scores don’t mean shit. Anybody remember Blade Runner 2049, It Comes At Night, Mother!, and many many many more titles to choose from. All had great RT scores and they didn’t do jack shit. 

The Nun is going to be fine, it”ll do $40-$45 million(if not mid-to-high 40’s), and will probably sneak past $100 million domestic and be very profitable for WB. 

• Like 1