Jump to content

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

grim22

Weekend Thread | Preview #s The Nun 5.4M, Peppermint 750k

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Watch the 1954 version it's said twice there.

Which is a carryover from the 1937 version. It would not be "A Star Is Born" without that line being used twice, once early in the relationship,and once later on...at least in the 37 and 54 versions as the last line the Male lead says before he goes commits suicide.

The 1937 version is well worth watching,since it slipped into the public domain there are several places where you can watch it on line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WB rest of 2018 predictions

Crazy Rich Asians: $180 million

The Meg:$145 million

The Nun:$100 million

Smallfoot: $65 million

Star Is Born: $135 million

Fantastic Beasts 2: $205 million

Aquaman: $215 million 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really good preview number for The Nun.

 

I must confess, however, that seeing reviews pop up for awards films doing the film festival circuit has me way more excited for what's coming down the pipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barnack said:

They will have what, eight 100 millions domestic grosser in 2018 ? Probably better than most predicted. With a bunch of Game Night / 12 strong / Tags / Teen titan that worked for what they were going for.

 

Will see for Aquaman but possibly a flop free year.

The 15:17 to Paris wasn’t exactly a hit and neither was Tomb Raider.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

WB rest of 2018 predictions

Crazy Rich Asians: $180 million

The Meg:$145 million

The Nun:$100 million

Smallfoot: $65 million

Star Is Born: $135 million

Fantastic Beasts 2: $205 million

Aquaman: $215 million 

 

A Star is Born - 175M

Fantastic Beasts - 183M

Aqaman - 360M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The 15:17 to Paris wasn’t exactly a hit and neither was Tomb Raider.

Not exactly sure if this is a counter point to my statement, I didn<t say all WB slate were hits.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is what the studio market share #s look like right now.

 

 

Rank Distributor Market
Share
Total
Gross*
Movies
Tracked
2018
Movies**
1 Buena Vista 32.7% $2,733.9 10 7
2 Universal 13.0% $1,087.3 12 10
3 Warner Bros. 12.2% $1,019.1 27 16
4 Sony / Columbia 9.7% $809.0 18 13
5 20th Century Fox 8.9% $745.9 11 6
6 Paramount 6.6% $553.8 8 6
7 Lionsgate 3.3% $273.5 15 14
8 STX Entertainment 2.5% $204.8 8 6
9 Focus Features 1.7% $139.3 10 7
10 Fox Searchlight 1.3% $110.6 3 1
11 Roadside Attractions 1.3% $107.4 8 7
12 A24 1.0% $83.3 12 9
13 Entertainment Studios 0.6% $53.2 3 2
14 MGM/UA 0.5% $43.6 2 2
15 Neon 0.5% $39.8 5 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been a very uber blockbuster Heavy year with 3 films crossing 600 million and one 400 million.

 

As a result the rest of the films this year will seem rather small but there will be decent sized hits.

 

I think nothing is guranteed 300 million but I think another film can get over 350 million as well.

 

Personally gonna be a long time till I see  a movie in theaters it seems though. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dX airdry zid said:

this is what the studio market share #s look like right now.

 

 

Rank Distributor Market
Share
Total
Gross*
Movies
Tracked
2018
Movies**
1 Buena Vista 32.7% $2,733.9 10 7
2 Universal 13.0% $1,087.3 12 10
3 Warner Bros. 12.2% $1,019.1 27 16
4 Sony / Columbia 9.7% $809.0 18 13
5 20th Century Fox 8.9% $745.9 11 6
6 Paramount 6.6% $553.8 8 6
7 Lionsgate 3.3% $273.5 15 14
8 STX Entertainment 2.5% $204.8 8 6
9 Focus Features 1.7% $139.3 10 7
10 Fox Searchlight 1.3% $110.6 3 1
11 Roadside Attractions 1.3% $107.4 8 7
12 A24 1.0% $83.3 12 9
13 Entertainment Studios 0.6% $53.2 3 2
14 MGM/UA 0.5% $43.6 2 2
15 Neon 0.5% $39.8 5 4

That’ll be 43% DIS now that they own FOX.  

Edited by Boxofficeblunder
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

WB rest of 2018 predictions

Crazy Rich Asians: $180 million

The Meg:$145 million

The Nun:$100 million

Smallfoot: $65 million

Star Is Born: $135 million

Fantastic Beasts 2: $205 million

Aquaman: $215 million 

 

CRA: $190M

The Meg: $150M

The Nun: $105M

Smallfoot: $85M

Star Is Born: $160M

Beasts 2: $220M

Aquaman: $235M

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bcf26 said:

Speaking of nuns,

 

 

Wow. It doesn't even have a wikipedia entry. That's going deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a bad CinemaScore for The Nun. The worst in the whole Conjuring franchise. Annabelle got a B CinemaScore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Nun will likely fall off the face of the Earth once this weekend passes.

  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FRIDAY MIDDAY UPDATE: No prayers or miracles needed here: New Line’s The Nun is heading to the best opening yet for a Conjuring universe film with industry estimates at $46M for the weekend, $19.5M for Friday which includes that record preview take for the genre series last night of $5.4M.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.