grim22

Weekend Thread | Preview #s The Nun 5.4M, Peppermint 750k

The Nun should end this weekend with $47-$48 million at max.

I think it will get over $100 due to the lack of competition. It will be even with the other Conjuring Universe films and Warner Bros will not do the Nun 2. The Nun will be a standalone film in the series. 

See that is the strength of the Conjuring Extended Universe. Unlike, DC, Marvel, and Harry Potter Extended Universes, the Conjuring isn't based on established property, has a cheaper budget, and is more loosely structured. This makes it super adaptable to failures in building its universe. Smart move by Warner Brothers. They  really pulled off the extremely hard job of pulling off an extended universe. Other studios should take notes. 

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

Catholic Kino rules again. The Conjuring series, Fast&Furious series appeal greatly to that audience which is underserved by blockbuster tendency to make everything too generic for the widest possible appeal. But when something taps into that viewership, numbers get really big. 

22 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Catholic Kino rules again. The Conjuring series, Fast&Furious series appeal greatly to that audience which is underserved by blockbuster tendency to make everything too generic for the widest possible appeal. But when something taps into that viewership, numbers get really big. 

34 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

The Nun should end this weekend with $47-$48 million at max.

I think it will get over $100 due to the lack of competition. It will be even with the other Conjuring Universe films and Warner Bros will not do the Nun 2. The Nun will be a standalone film in the series. 

See that is the strength of the Conjuring Extended Universe. Unlike, DC, Marvel, and Harry Potter Extended Universes, the Conjuring isn't based on established property, has a cheaper budget, and is more loosely structured. This makes it super adaptable to failures in building its universe. Smart move by Warner Brothers. They  really pulled off the extremely hard job of pulling off an extended universe. Other studios should take notes. 

I think you're way off.  Why would it fall more than 45% on Sunday?  That's what it would need to do to not hit 50 million.

This has a better shot at 52 than it does 47.

• Like 2

So, aproposof nothing, was thinking about the movie Storks. I liked it and thought it deaerved better at the box office, but they key was the wolf pack. I’d argue they’re some of the most underrated supporting characters ever.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dr Loomis baumer said:

I think you're way off.  Why would it fall more than 45% on Sunday?  That's what it would need to do to not hit 50 million.

I have just been hearing 50% drops on Sunday.

Friday-$22.4M

Saturday-$17.0M (-24.1%)

Sunday- $9.3M (45.3%

Weekend- $48.7M

Total- $102.6M

I am thinking word of mouth is gonna be toxic. Already my Facebook feed is flooded with negative statuses about the film. People turned out big opening day but I think its gonna see some harsh falls. 

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Dr Loomis baumer said:

The first day of Sunday Football is tomorrow. Movies can drop 50%+, so it’s possible, especially when WOM is dogshit.

1 hour ago, Litio said:

$50m ow, 52% in flixster and 29% in rt. Congrats to Warner for wasting their biggest chance of taking this franchise to much higher levels at box office.

So much for being closer to 70M than 40M :redcapes: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 hour ago, Hiccup23 said:

I have just been hearing 50% drops on Sunday.

Friday-$22.4M

Saturday-$17.0M (-24.1%)

Sunday- $9.3M (45.3%

Weekend- $48.7M

Total- $102.6M

I am thinking word of mouth is gonna be toxic. Already my Facebook feed is flooded with negative statuses about the film. People turned out big opening day but I think its gonna see some harsh falls. 

The conjuring has long history...."Valak!"

Not all good......

1 hour ago, Litio said:

$50m ow, 52% in flixster and 29% in rt. Congrats to Warner for wasting their biggest chance of taking this franchise to much higher levels at box office.

Eh, if Conjuring 3 happens with Ean directing I can see a pretty big opening 

• Like 1