Ethan Hunt

BOT Revisiting: Top 25 movies of 2008 | THE COUNTDOWN - FINALLY COMPLETE

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Burn After Reading would've been higher if I submitted a list.

To everyone giving me reactions: it ain't my fault 2008 is a boring year for movies and I didn't have 15 worthy ones to submit. I would've had to put Mamma Mia! on my list ffs 🤮

20. Man on a Wire - 138 points

large_86kXY7u0HWSIK27RqRnu4r0cADz.jpg

On August 7th 1974, French tightrope walker Philippe Petit stepped out on a high wire, illegally rigged between New York’s World Trade Center twin towers, then the world’s tallest buildings. After nearly an hour of performing on the wire, 1,350 feet above the sidewalks of Manhattan, he was arrested. This fun and spellbinding documentary chronicles Philippe Petit’s “highest” achievement.

Here we have an acclaimed documentary about a man on a wire

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I'd never heard of this movie before doing this list. It's got a cool cast though

You need to watch Doubt ASAP, Ethan. There's a scene in it when the nuns are having dinner and Amy takes a bad piece of food out of her mouth and puts it on her plate before putting it back in her mouth after Meryl gives her a death stare.

Edited by filmlover

One of the best theater experiences I have ever had was during Pineapple Express. About 20-30 people in the audience started groaning in despair (think "Oh no!" and such) when the barn went up in flames near the end of the film. Clearly all of the stoners were upset by the loss of all that weed. Those few moments were funnier than anything in the movie and I laughed a lot during the movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pineapple Express is definitely a fun movie. In fact all of the Seth Rogen and crew movies are funny when you go back and watch them again. Even something like 30 minutes or less has its humorous moments as well. Superbad and knocked up are probably the best of the bunch along with 40 year old virgin. But how all of them are pretty great.

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

You need to watch Doubt ASAP, Ethan. There's a scene in it when the nuns are having dinner and Amy takes a bad piece of food out of her mouth and puts it on her plate before putting it back in her mouth after Meryl gives her a death stare.

So it's the good version of The Nun basically

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18. Bolt - 154 points

bolt_2008_397_poster.jpg

Bolt is the star of the biggest show in Hollywood. The only problem is, he thinks it’s real. After he’s accidentally shipped to New York City and separated from Penny, his beloved co-star and owner, Bolt must harness all his “super powers” to find a way home.

Disney animation about a dog. I saw it once. remember it being cute

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

So it's the good version of The Nun basically

Doubt is kinda amazing in just how funny it gets at times for such a serious drama about an allegation. That scene where Amy whining to Meryl that she doesn't like Hoffman because he likes Frosty the Snowman that concludes with the light in Meryl's office burning out and Meryl saying "look at that, you blew out my light" still makes me laugh every time I think about it. Movie is really good too even though, like most movies based on plays, it can't completely overcome its stage origins.

17. Mamma Mia- 156 point

mammamia.jpg

An independent, single mother who owns a small hotel on a Greek island is about to marry off the spirited young daughter she’s raised alone. But, the daughter has secretly invited three of her mother’s ex-lovers in the hopes of finding her biological father.

YOU ARE THE DANCING QUEEN

YOUNG AND SWEET 

ONLY SEVENTEEN

THE DANCING QUEEN

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1