Litio

Predator Killed By Audience - $24m OW, TN $18.2m, ASF $16m, WBR $8.8m || Weekend Thread...PLEASE SEE BAN HAMMER ANNOUNCEMENT ON PAGE 2

So, the hurricane is gonna probably knock 5-10% off of all movies' box office (both new and holdovers)...might be a slightly disappointing weekend all around...

With that said, I think I'd wait to get a real feel for the movie openings until we see tonight's numbers...I know all the new movies had better presales for today than yesterday at my theaters...

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, the hurricane is gonna probably knock 5-10% off of all movies' box office (both new and holdovers)...might be a slightly disappointing weekend all around...

With that said, I think I'd wait to get a real feel for the movie openings until we see tonight's numbers...I know all the new movies had better presales for today than yesterday at my theaters...

It's only 50-60 theaters that are closed. The dent won't be that significant.

• Like 1

Predictions (probably bad predictions but.. oh well)

The Predator

Friday $11 (4.4x previews)

Saturday $9.9 (-10%)

Sunday $6.2 (-37%)

Weekend $27.1

A Simple Favor

Friday $5.4 (6x previews)

Saturday $5.7 (+5%)

Sunday $4.5 (-20%)

Weekend $15.3

White Boy Rick $7

5 minutes ago, Dr Loomis baumer said:

Halloween is opening north of 80.

You'll see.

we just have to use your blackest eyes...the devil's eyes to see that number ;)

and believing in the boogeyman helps too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxAggressor said:

Lionsgate’s Paul Feig’s dark comedy A Simple Favor earned $900K at 2,400 theaters. The film, which did not play the film festival circuit like Predator at TIFF and White Boy Rick at Telluride and TIFF, has the best reviews of the studio wide entries at 84% fresh. The Anna Kendrick-Black Lively pic is expected to file in the mid teens. A Simple Favor will widen to 3,102 locations today. Next to recent femme-demo pics in their previews, A Simple Favor is higher than last weekend’s Peppermint ($800K Thursday, $4.6M Friday, and $13.4M opening) from STX and just under their Amy Schumer comedy I Feel Pretty ($1M Thursday, $6.2M opening day, $16M three-day).

Studio 8/Sony’s White Boy Rick earned $575K last night from 2,176 locations that began at 7PM. Sony moved this one around the calendar from Jan. 26 to Aug. 17 to finally this weekend. A TIFF launch likely had plenty to do with the Matthew McConaughey gritty crime pic finding a place in September in a tee-up for awards season. The RT score has improved on White Boy Rick to 61% fresh (it was previously in the Rotten realm). While critics are divided on this pic, hopefully the increased positive sentiment will push this $30M budget movie (before tax credits) past its $8M-$10M weekend projection. Other comps here: BlacKkKlansman posted a $650K Thursday before its $10.8M opening (that pic is now up to $44.6M stateside off a 95% certified fresh RT score and A- CinemaScore) and Detroit did $525K before earning a lackluster $7.1M opening.

A Simple Favor only did previews in 2,400 theaters, interesting...

I met him, 15 years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding in even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this... six-year-old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and... the blackest eyes - the Devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up, because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1