Litio

Predator Killed By Audience - $24m OW, TN $18.2m, ASF $16m, WBR $8.8m || Weekend Thread...PLEASE SEE BAN HAMMER ANNOUNCEMENT ON PAGE 2

5 minutes ago, Jessie said:

do people seriously think the Munn controversy played a part in the box office? I wouldn't have even known about it if it weren't for this site 

We would never know. But I think with this issue, studios will definitely be hesitant about casting her in their future movies. 

24 minutes ago, Jessie said:

do people seriously think the Munn controversy played a part in the box office? I wouldn't have even known about it if it weren't for this site 

True. After hearing about it on this site it still took days for me to see a blurb on Yahoo News about it. I still haven't seen anything on any mainstream nightly News cast. 

I feel at best it is such a marginal factor as to be almost a non-factor in how Predator is/was going to behave.

Next week's runtimes w/o credits and attachments:

Life Itself: 1:49. Beautiful Boy and Suspiria are the attachments

Assassination Nation: 1:39. Attachments are Mid90s and Beach Bum

House with Clock: 1:38. Attachments are Grinch (New trailer) and Dragon 3

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I wonder if we'll get a new trailer with Clock or perhaps with Smallfoot.

http://www.deluxecdn.com/dcinema//projectionistletter/projectionistletter_the_house_with_a_clock_in_its_walls_usa_20180921_082722.pdf

It says on House's projectionist letter "TRL 1" for Dragon. It should happen sometime within the next few weeks though. November at the latest.

• Like 1

2nd Update, Friday Midday: The Predator is walking toward an estimated $25M opening at this point in time, a three-day sum just a few bucks ahead of 20th Century Fox’s 2010 version Predators which debuted to $24.7M and a C+ CinemaScore. The Shane Black directed R-rated sci-fi pic will see $10M today, which of course includes those $2.5M previews from last night.

New Line’s The Nun will take second with $18M-$20M, -65% which is a typical fall for a horror pic in weekend 2. On the high-end, she’ll be at $86.8M by the end of all church services on Sunday.

Lionsgate’s A Simple Favor we hear is overindexing with an estimated $6.5M-$7M and an opening between $16M-$18M. Before P&A, the Blake Lively-Anna Kendrick black comedy cost a little over $20M.

Studio 8/Sony’s White Boy Rick is heading toward $10M. More analysis later.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/the-predator-white-boy-rick-a-simple-favor-olivia-munn-box-office-1202464594/

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jessie said:

That is always hard to say, a cast member still did Kimmel, controversy can make the press tour depressed but how much those do anything is getting less and less clear (late nigh type of show are not what they were)

I often go back to the biggest possible controversy, A dog life, rumors of set animal cruelty, a video, with a perfect timing to hurt the movie has much as they could etc... for a movie targeting the animals lovers. Did very well.

Or the other way around, movie that generate a lot of inks for stuff that are nothing to do with the content, Lopez-Affleck Gigli, Brad Pitt-Cotillard rumors for Allied, all that supposed visibility that could push awareness and help the movie, it is really rare that an effect is perceptible.

Alien Covenant had a biggest cast, bigger director name, bigger marketing/production budget and much better and bigger trailers, bigger franchise, much better reviews, it did 36m, that movie doing 75-80% of that do not need any controversy for an explanation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If ASF, hits the higher end of that Friday number, I wouldn't be shocked to see it hit $18M. Also as I mentioned earlier, White Boy Rick looks to hit $10M. Not shocked by that tbh Its been having a strong presence on MT and Fandango 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

White Boy Rick looks to hit $10M. Not shocked by that tbh

I am a little bit. Being a studio release must help, but it would need only 3.0 to match I Tonya, with just a 63% RT score.... 10M would be impressive, easy to be death on arrival with those reviews for that type of movie.

• Like 1

I just got out of the predator and it is as bad as most people are saying it is. It is discombobulated and it's all over the map and I have no idea really what it is I just watched. It doesn't have any of the feel or the spirit of the original and even though they try to pay homage to the original and many ways I just kind of hated this movie. It's the first Predator film that I've truly disliked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3