Litio

Predator Killed By Audience - $24m OW, TN $18.2m, ASF $16m, WBR $8.8m || Weekend Thread...PLEASE SEE BAN HAMMER ANNOUNCEMENT ON PAGE 2

4 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Stop trying to make predator happen - it's not going to happen. I thought they learnt this lesson after the 69 prequels.

They never did Predator prequels lmao some people need to learn how to troll better jesus christ.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Loomis baumer said:

I just got out of the predator and it is as bad as most people are saying it is. It is discombobulated and it's all over the map and I have no idea really what it is I just watched. It doesn't have any of the feel or the spirit of the original and even though they try to pay homage to the original and many ways I just kind of hated this movie. It's the first Predator film that I've truly disliked.

You're only saying this because Olivia Munn paid you to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

They never did Predator prequels lmao some people need to learn how to troll better jesus christ.

She likely meant to type sequels. 

And she is right that it’s not going to happen. Disney isn’t going to make Predator movies. 

The Predator is gonna end up being an L for Fox with that budget unless overseas really comes to the rescue (and even then it looks like it'll barely make a profit).

A Simple Favor and White Boy Rick are looking to go past tracking. Pretty good for the latter considering it seemed like it was gonna make somewhere around $5-6M the past few weeks. Both should end up as nice little minor hits for their studios.

2.5 Midnights huh?  Looks like under "Covenant" for sure which is what my tracking comparison was.  I forgot about "Kingsman: GC" which was a Sept R-rated release.   With that said "Predator" is a 30 year old franchise in cinema  and has a much more stronger history in Sci-fi.   Also I'm not seeing this pull in 39 OW like KMGC did.  Again Under "Covenant".  

50 minutes ago, Dr Loomis baumer said:

I just got out of the predator and it is as bad as most people are saying it is. It is discombobulated and it's all over the map and I have no idea really what it is I just watched. It doesn't have any of the feel or the spirit of the original and even though they try to pay homage to the original and many ways I just kind of hated this movie. It's the first Predator film that I've truly disliked.

Oh that's too bad.  I remember my boyfriend dragging me to see the original Predator in the theater - boy was I pleasantly surprised - I loved it - guess I won't be checking this one out.

• Like 1

People lump the Alien and the Predator franchsies together because of the Alien vs Predator films, but if look at the solo films, the Predator franchsie has never done as well as the Alien franchise.

Irony is that anybody connected with the first Predator films says the Alien Head in the Trophy room was meant as a joke, a sort of quickie visual one liner,and they never dreamed somebody would actually take the Alien vs Predator idea seriously.

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

People lump the Alien and the Predator franchsies together because of the Alien vs Predator films, but if look at the solo films, the Predator franchsie has never done as well as the Alien franchise.

Irony is that anybody connected with the first Predator films says the Alien Head in the Trophy room was meant as a joke, a sort of quickie visual one liner,and they never dreamed somebody would actually take the Alien vs Predator idea seriously.

Less a joke more a fun easter egg.