diddykongracing128

The Trump Prophecy: Official Trailer Mod Edit:Films should have a release date in the thread title. I can't be bothered looking it up.

4 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

We dropped two nukes, have killed hundreds of thousands of people in the middle east, and that's just in the last half century. Why are all the non-American pretending like Trump is something new? Every President has done monstrous things, it's just the media is actually paying attention this time, and in balance, DJT is pretty tame. 

I agree here with you, actually. Everyone is acting like Trump came out of nowhere when in fact, American society has been laying groundwork for someone like him for decades.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

We dropped two nukes, have killed hundreds of thousands of people in the middle east, and that's just in the last half century. Why are all the non-American pretending like Trump is something new? Every President has done monstrous things, it's just the media is actually paying attention this time, and in balance, DJT is pretty tame. 

Donald Trump would be able to get away with all the shit he does if he acted like an adult, spoke like an adult, and shut down his twitter.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I certainly agree that the internet meme of George W Bush being retroactively painted as some cuddly good guy is bloody ridiculous. At least Brits have the decency to still hate Tony Blair. 

We don’t like any of our politicians in the UK. We vote on who we hate the least rather than who we like the most.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Titan Man said:

I agree here with you, actually. Everyone is acting like Trump came out of nowhere when in fact, American society has been laying groundwork for someone like him for decades.

It's why I feel no qualms for benefiting from it. They're going to to continue to do heinous acts that make my stomach churn even thinking about whether I get a capital gains tax cut or not. I'm just honest about it unlike those that like to pretend they have some moral authority because they voted for the "liberal" monster over the "conservative" one. 

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Donald Trump would be able to get away with all the shit he does if he acted like an adult, spoke like an adult, and shut down his twitter.

This is what I find scary. Obama got away with drone strikes on hospitals, as did Clinton, and now Bush is seen as some kind of nice grandpa. All have blood on their hands, but because Trump does it in a clownish way for some reason that's the thing that's not acceptable. 

Orwell is spinning in his grave. :whosad:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

It's why I feel no qualms for benefiting from it. They're going to to continue to do heinous acts that make my stomach churn even thinking about whether I get a capital gains tax cut or not. I'm just honest about it unlike those that like to pretend they have some moral authority because they voted for the "liberal" monster over the "conservative" one. 

This is what I find scary. Obama got away with drone strikes on hospitals, as did Clinton, and now Bush is seen as some kind of nice grandpa. All have blood on their hands, but because Trump does it in a clownish way for some reason that's the thing that's not acceptable. 

Orwell is spinning in his grave. :whosad:

I agree with both of your points, people that truly supported the establishment in the Democratic Party that was represented by Hillary Clinton are not much better than those Trumpists that get wet everytime he mentions the wall. That's why I think we'll not see a "blue wave" in November, the Democratic leadership refuses to change, thus alienating people that truly have miserable lives in America and are ready to vote for change. Status quo is not going to get you anywhere when the other side is at least acknowledging the problems. (Trump actually acknowledged the problems of the poorer states, he and his administration just don't have a clue how to solve them).

I don't have much against Obama, he seems like a decent man, but seeing people on the left suddenly praising Bush just because of Trump is giving me the creeps.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

(Trump actually acknowledged the problems of the poorer states, he and his administration just don't have a clue how to solve them).

More like they don't care to solve them. Leaving them in that condition means they can lament it longer and milk more votes over more elections. Fixing it leads doesn't provide them that.

Money is in the "treatment" not the cure.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I certainly agree that the internet meme of George W Bush being retroactively painted as some cuddly good guy is bloody ridiculous. At least Brits have the decency to still hate Tony Blair. 

Its the Trump effect, he has a really weird way of activating people's inner lizard brains when it comes to a lot of things "because Trump OMG".  I'll bet by the time he leaves office, the damage he will have done won't be nearly as bad as Bush/Cheney's.   The rehabilitation of guys like John McCain/Bill Kristol, etc make me want to vomit as well.  If you make it known you hate Trump, you are now by default a great American patriot bristling with integrity standing up for democracy by sticking it in the face of fascism and Russians.  I think the only Republican people still hate now thats not Donald Trump is Ted Cruz, lol.  

5 hours ago, Titan Man said:

Congrats on your true patriotism, as long as you're doing great other people can suck it, amirite? Let me guess, you're also not fond of Colin Kaepernick? :kitschjob:

Funny thing is the poster is a die hard, over the top, kool aid drinking James Cameron fanand James Cameron politics swing way,way, to the left...............

• Knock It Off 1

9 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Its the Trump effect, he has a really weird way of activating people's inner lizard brains when it comes to a lot of things "because Trump OMG".  I'll bet by the time he leaves office, the damage he will have done won't be nearly as bad as Bush/Cheney's.   The rehabilitation of guys like John McCain/Bill Kristol, etc make me want to vomit as well.  If you make it known you hate Trump, you are now by default a great American patriot bristling with integrity standing up for democracy by sticking it in the face of fascism and Russians.  I think the only Republican people still hate now thats not Donald Trump is Ted Cruz, lol.  

So you hate everybody who is not as far to the left as you are?

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Except I never burned myself. I voted for Trump and have benefited quite generously as a result. It was people in the rust belt that burned themselves by voting for him. I fall into the category of people that should logically vote R based purely on economic factors. I've reached the stage where I think I could comfortably ride out the apocalypse. :jeb!:

Counter argument:

My family and I also fall into that Republican-voting category as a middle class family in a fairly populated city. But I want to say that, if we fall into that category, and if we want to vote Republican because of that, then we need to take up responsibility by doing two things:

1) Volunteer Service -- in other words, serving people who are in need without being told to do it by authority figures.

2) Encouraging others to help themselves initiate their own financial betterment.

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for a lifetime."

My current situation with Hurricane Florence provides a good allegory for my viewpoint. My father owns a kitchen for his business, and he was given the opportunity to host a non-profit organization that cooked meals for people in shelters, people like policemen and firefighters, and power line technicians. Thanks to my conservative father's selfless choice to lend his kitchen to the volunteer organization, 10,000 people have been fed every day for a week. That includes the people in shelters who were in need, and the people keeping the city safe, who needed food in order to keep themselves able to do their work.

I've been able to help with dishes during this time as the one who organizes all the pots and pans and utensils for the kitchen workers. And I've seen that my efforts were helping to facilitate their ability to work efficiently. That's what's important -- to help others, so that they can help themselves.

You probably agree with everything I'm saying in this rant already, but my main point is this: you've been blessed with priviledge in your life, and that's definitely okay. But I personally believe that people like us need to regard our priviledge as a gift, thus harnessing it to improve the livelihoods of the fellow Americans around us. And that's not gonna be accomplished by a mere vote; that's accomplished by going into the landscape that's been ravaged by the (in this instance, metaphorical) Apocalypse, and helping others to get through it themselves, no matter the personal sacrifices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1