filmlover

Last Christmas | Paul Feig | Emilia Clarke, Henry Golding | Universal | 11/8/2019

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

why is this Xmas movie released in November? December looks pretty empty and there's no reason for counter-programming to run from Episode IX. 

Because it would insta-die the second Christmas is over.

16 hours ago, TMP said:

Henry Goulding's cool, and Emilia Clarke's incredibly attractive but I don't know if she's a good enough actor to lead something like this.

inb4 conservative backlash at a female, Asian Santa.

She did fine in Me Before You, a small hit. And that's the type of role she's good at, a romcom.

Edited by respmw
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:24 AM, respmw said:

She did fine in Me Before You, a small hit. And that's the type of role she's good at, a romcom.

I have nothing against Clarke, but trying to make her film carreer into some great triumph is silly.

But she might be right in concentrating on romcoms; her record in big budget blockbusters has not exactly been successful.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:14 PM, MrGlass2 said:

She was also great in Solo.

Film still bombed though. Not saying it was her fault,but it did not helf her film career much.

And I HATED the GOT joke she made;that kind of meta crap does not belong in a SW film.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:58 AM, cookie said:

Because it would insta-die the second Christmas is over.

There is a reason why every Christmas themed films get released in November, or the first few days of December at the most.

Box office for Christmas themed movies simply collapses and dies on Dec 26th.

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

There is a reason why every Christmas themed films get released in November, or the first few days of December at the most.

Box office for Christmas themed movies simply collapses and dies on Dec 26th.

I still think they’d make more overall if they released closer to Christmas. 

Paul Feig the Director even liked my tweet when I said “don’t let them release it in November” lol 

3 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I'll never understand why people here think Emilia is a bad actress, isn't she an Emmy nominee?! She's also highly praised by her hole in Me Before You, and also good reviews for that flop SW movie. 

awards nomination doesn't necessarily mean something is good. they always nominate quite a few duds.

that said, she is good and she carried Season 8. I hope Last Xmas is a hit for her and Henry.