filmlover

Last Christmas | Paul Feig | Emilia Clarke, Henry Golding | Universal | 11/8/2019

5 hours ago, Eric! said:

For most of the trailer, I was wondering if the Henry Golding character was a figment of Emilia Clarke's imagination? She's "quirky" and he seems too good to be true.

With the illness angle introduced in the trailer, I'm wondering if the movie title is meant to be prophetic, but it would be awfully grim for a Christmas movie that they want to have good WOM...

Sorry to harp on about the release date again, but if this opens to low numbers (it's a romcom so... wouldn't be unheard of), it will be out of theaters before the start of December.

I don't see why they couldn't release it on Thanksgiving...

Yes legs are cut off after 25 Dec but that would still give it 4 solid weeks, plenty of time to make a bang. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

For most of the trailer, I was wondering if the Henry Golding character was a figment of Emilia Clarke's imagination? She's "quirky" and he seems too good to be true.

Watch this be Collateral Beauty 2.0 and he got paid by Michelle Yeoh to pretend to be a ghost

• Haha 2

The trailer literally gave the whole movie away and I don't think they needed to do that. Leads are charming af and no one can say that Emilia isn't broadening her resume. Comedy, singing, great stuff. 

I agree that release date is too early for Xmasy movie not to mention 4 other movies opening on that date.

2 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

With the illness angle introduced in the trailer, I'm wondering if the movie title is meant to be prophetic, but it would be awfully grim for a Christmas movie that they want to have good WOM...

my official prediction: she had a heart disease, this dude is the ghost of the guy she got a new heart from. movie ends with him saying "last christmas i gave you my heart" and everybody cheers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

my official prediction: she had a heart disease, this dude is the ghost of the guy she got a new heart from. movie ends with him saying "last christmas i gave you my heart" and everybody cheers.

omg that's brilliant

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

Sorry to harp on about the release date again, but if this opens to low numbers (it's a romcom so... wouldn't be unheard of), it will be out of theaters before the start of December.

I don't see why they couldn't release it on Thanksgiving...

Yes legs are cut off after 25 Dec but that would still give it 4 solid weeks, plenty of time to make a bang. 

Yeh it’s annoying it comes out in November. The director is annoyed about that too. 

16 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

You know what? This is probably right on point. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

coolio you are genuinely a really smart guy. I bet that is actually what happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

He is?Why don’t they just move it....?should be good counter programming to all the Oscar bait films and Star Wars in December ?Marketing started too late.

He thinks it should be a December release too. 

I used the example of Bad Moms Christmas, which was basically done by the time Christmas came round, and he agreed. 

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Featuring the music of George Michael who died of heart disease on Christmas.  That just might be the pinnacle of bad taste.

• Sad 1