filmlover

Last Christmas | Paul Feig | Emilia Clarke, Henry Golding | Universal | 11/8/2019

1 hour ago, Alli said:

This had the premiere in Germany. I hope it's a hit. 100M hopefully

It’s also having premieres in Paris (fan premiere), New York and London. So yeah, hope it does great.

Edited by respmw

Watched a fan screening of this on Tuesday. Fun movie. Emma Thompson is pretty fun in it as someone who keeps bringing up the Yugoslav war as justification for everything. And the movie has commentary on Brexit as well, and is actually pretty rooted in the immigrant experience.

Spoiler

Very very obvious "twist". Whoever cut the trailer should be fired.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

Watched a fan screening of this on Tuesday. Fun movie. Emma Thompson is pretty fun in it as someone who keeps bringing up the Yugoslav war as justification for everything. And the movie has commentary on Brexit as well, and is actually pretty rooted in the immigrant experience.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm assuming the twist is what everyone has speculated that Henry's Golding character is a ghost or a guardian angel

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Hide contents

I'm assuming the twist is what everyone has speculated that Henry's Golding character is a ghost or a guardian angel

Spoiler

Last Christmas he gave her his heart and is now a ghost teaching her to live better and form connections with her family and others

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seeing this on Sunday the 10th. Usually these kind of movies aren't for me but A) this evening won't be about me and B ) I like the cast in this, which can make the difference for me when it comes to this genre.

• Like 1

When does the embargo drop does anyone know?

I can’t speak for all areas but in my area this movie isn’t doing too hot in presales for Thursday night and I feel like maybe if the movie is good which is what I’ve heard, dropping the embargo would benefit it in terms of buzz. 

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

When does the embargo drop does anyone know?

I can’t speak for all areas but in my area this movie isn’t doing too hot in presales for Thursday night and I feel like maybe if the movie is good which is what I’ve heard, dropping the embargo would benefit it in terms of buzz. 

Yeah i’ve Heard some nice stuff as well.But the marketing seems non- existent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Yeah i’ve Heard some nice stuff as well.But the marketing seems non- existent.

Yea I agree. I’ve heard good things about this film. It has a really good cast imo so we shall see but I’ll be honest I completely forgot this movie was coming out until I checked this forum. Maybe they’ll get a last minute marketing push once the embargo drops. 

• Like 1