Litio

House Clock DHD says $26.9m, ASF $10.2m, The Nun ($10.1m) burries Predator ($8.7m), F $3.1m, LI $1.99m || Weekend Thread

From the DHD article:

Thursday’s take is under such spooky family pics like Fox’s Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, another kids book feature adaptation like House, which earned $1.2M on its Thursday before winning the Sept 30-Oct. 2, 2016 frame with $28.8M. House is above Sony’s Goosebumps which drew $600K at 2,567 theaters on its Thursday night before notching a $23.6M weekend win in mid-October 2015. House is expected to be in the same $20M+ opening neighborhood as those movies with a $20M-$22M take from 3,592 locations. House‘s production cost is far cheaper than Miss Peregrine, an estimated $40M to $110M. House is also under Goosebumps’ $55M pricetag before P&A.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week's releases:

Little Women: 1:48. Attachments are Indivisible and Stuck.

Night School: 1:46. Attachments are Glass and Halloween.

Smallfoot: 1:31. Attachments unknown (probably just LEGO).

Hell Fest: 1:24. Attachments are Robin Hood and Hunter Killer.

@Blankments lemme get stalkers done before I go to the movies:

6:

The House with a Clock in Its Walls (Ready Player One, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Christopher Robin, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, The Meg, Alpha)

Night School (Blockers, Breaking In, Tag, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Crazy Rich Asians, BlacKkKlansman)

A Star Is Born (Ocean’s 8, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Crazy Rich Asians, BlacKkKlansman, The Nun, Searching)

Venom (Black Panther, Game Night, Blockers, Deadpool 2, The Meg, The Nun)

5:

Bumblebee (Incredibles 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha)

The Hate U Give (Skyscraper, Unfriended: Dark Web, Sorry to Bother You, BlacKkKlansman, The Nun)

Smallfoot (Coco, Christopher Robin, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha, Crazy Rich Asians)

4:

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Alpha)

Creed II (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Skyscraper, Sorry to Bother You, The Spy Who Dumped Me)

Nobody’s Fool (The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web, The Spy Who Dumped Me, BlacKkKlansman)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Skyscraper, The Nun)

Overlord (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Meg, The Nun, Searching)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Love, Simon, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2, Alpha)

3:

Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch (Isle of Dogs, Incredibles 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

First Man (Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Skyscraper, Mission: Impossible - Fallout)

The Girl in the Spider’s Web (Ocean’s 8, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Searching)

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween (Christopher Robin, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha)

Halloween (The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web, The Nun)

Hell Fest (Unfriended: Dark Web, The Nun, Searching)

Mortal Engines (The Commuter, Skyscraper, Searching)

The Predator (The First Purge, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, The Meg)

White Boy Rick (Sicario: Day of the Soldado, BlacKkKlansman, Searching)

Widows (Ocean’s 8, Crazy Rich Asians, Searching)

2 and 1:

A Simple Favor (The Spy Who Dumped Me, Crazy Rich Asians)

Assassination Nation (The Nun)

Fahrenheit 11/9 (BlacKkKlansman)

Spoiler

2:

Aquaman (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Meg)

Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Unsane, Isle of Dogs)

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Isle of Dogs, Avengers: Infinity War)

Mary Poppins Returns (Leave No Trace, Christopher Robin)

Ralph Breaks the Internet (Incredibles 2, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies)

Robin Hood (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Spy Who Dumped Me)

Wonder Park (Leave No Trace, Christopher Robin)

1:

Bad Times at the El Royale (The Spy Who Dumped Me)

Bohemian Rhapsody (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

The Current War (Wind River)

Dumbo (Christopher Robin)

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Incredibles 2)

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (Teen Titans Go! To the Movies)

Life Itself (Crazy Rich Asians)

Little Women (Leave No Trace)

Mid90s (BlacKkKlansman)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

On the Basis of Sex (Crazy Rich Asians)

Serenity (Tag)

Shazam! (The Meg)

What Men Want (Crazy Rich Asians)

• Like 1

Looks likely House Clock will debut between Goosebumps and Miss Peregrine which would be solid given its budget, I'm surprised it cost $40m, $55-60m would been my guess. 

I'll be curious to see how Smallfoot and Night School do next week, I think it'll be a close race for number 1.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Looks likely House Clock will debut between Goosebumps and Miss Peregrine which would be solid given its budget, I'm surprised it cost $40m, $55-60m would been my guess. 

I'll be curious to see how Smallfoot and Night School do next week, I think it'll be a close race for number 1.

Night School will win by a pretty comfortable margin imo. The tracking range is much bigger than Smallfoot's (21-34M vs 22-28M)

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Night School will win by a pretty comfortable margin imo. The tracking range is much bigger than Smallfoot's (21-34M vs 22-28M)

The base for Night School is 25m according to DHD

Universal’s Kevin Hart-Tiffany Haddish PG-13 comedy Night School could push the month’s ticket sales even higher as the pic is tracking for a $25M-$34M opening next weekend.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

The base for Night School is 25m according to DHD

Universal’s Kevin Hart-Tiffany Haddish PG-13 comedy Night School could push the month’s ticket sales even higher as the pic is tracking for a $25M-$34M opening next weekend.

Yeah, I think it has a good shot at 40M.

16 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Also Fahrenheit 11/9 posted $275K in previews

That's fine. The budget has to be super low anyways

• Astonished 1