Litio

House Clock DHD says $26.9m, ASF $10.2m, The Nun ($10.1m) burries Predator ($8.7m), F $3.1m, LI $1.99m || Weekend Thread

I saw "House Clock" today in LiMAX and trust me, the best thing about the showing was the 3D version of MJ's Thriller that preceded it. "Clock" is like a wind-up timepiece that slowly winds down, the 1:45 run time seems more like two and half hours, and there's nothing compelling about it - the acting, SFX, and scares are completely pedestrian.

I was bored. C-

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Haha 1

https://deadline.com/2018/09/the-house-with-a-clock-in-its-walls-ticks-to-840k-thursday-will-keep-september-b-o-clicking-1202468021/

Spooky kids movies still work at the box office with Amblin Entertainment/Universal’s The House With a Clock in its Walls looking at an estimated $7M Friday and $22.4M opening weekend. Not bad for a pic which cost $40M, way cheaper than Tim Burton’s $110M Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, another haunted kids pic.

2nd place looks to be going to Lionsgate’s A Simple Favor which is holding well at -40% for a second weekend of $9.6M, running 10-day of $31.7m.

Outside of the top 5….Briarcliff’s Fahrenheit 11/9 is looking at $1.5M today, $4.1M for the weekend. Amazon’s Life Itself is more like Death Itself with a $1.1M Friday, $3.1M three-day. Neon/AGBO’s Assassination Nation is looking an estimated $400K, $1M-$2M three-day.

LOL at Predator not even getting a mention.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-fantastic-beasts-crimes-grindelwald-instant-family-widows/

Fantastic Beasts: 75/222

Instant Family: 18 OW, no total for some reason

Widows: 20/78

Hell Fest: 6/14 (down 25%)

Goosebumps: 17/54 (up 20%)

I think Instant Family can definitely make more. I suspect a surprise here. A t least 30M imo

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

They updated

20th Century Fox’s The Predator is looking at third place with an estimated $8M-$9M, -65% in weekend 2 and a 10-day of $40.7M.

New Line’s The Nun is still having fun with an estimated $8.2M in weekend 3, -55% for a running total by Sunday of $98.8M, not exactly at the century mark yet, but soon.

Fifth place, is Warner Bros. Crazy Rich Asians $5.8M, -33% in weekend 6 for a running cume by Sunday of $158.7M. By that point, the romantic comedy will be running 8% ahead of The Help at the same point in time which finaled in U.S./Canada with $169.7M.

• Like 3

2nd place looks to be going to Lionsgate’s A Simple Favor which is holding well at -40% for a second weekend estimate of $9.6M, running 10-day of $31.7m.

20th Century Fox’s The Predator is looking at third place with an estimated $8M-$9M, -65% in weekend 2 and a 10-day of $40.7M.

New Line’s The Nun is still having fun with an estimated $8.2M in weekend 3, -55% for a running total by Sunday of $98.8M, not exactly at the century mark yet, but soon.

ASF still has a shot at finishing above PREDATOR dom with both targetting around 55m

110-113 will give NUN 2.05-2.10x finish. Worst for Conjuring Universe. ANNA1 was 2.27x.

7 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week's releases:

Little Women: 1:48. Attachments are Indivisible and Stuck.

Night School: 1:46. Attachments are Glass and Halloween.

Smallfoot: 1:31. Attachments unknown (probably just LEGO).

Hell Fest: 1:24. Attachments are Robin Hood and Hunter Killer.

Interesting, they're actually punishing people for going to see Hell Fest.

• Haha 2

Hollywood Reporter, Variety, and Deadline seem to be very lazy with the Friday afternoon analysis now.  

The larger measurings in years past seemed to have wilted away there.

It seems they are hinting at:

Clock - 20.0

Life - 3.0

Fahrenheit - 4.0

A Simple - 9.0

Predator - 8.0

The Nun - 8.0

Assassination - 1.0+

3 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

the best thing about the showing was the 3D version of MJ's Thriller that preceded it.

wait, what. is that what it is? oh man, i might do the imax showing now

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

wait, what. is that what it is? oh man, i might do the imax showing now

Look carefully - some IMAX showings have the 3D Thriller lead-in, some don't, so make sure the showing you're interested in says it does. 

BTW, the Thriller lead-in will only play this first week of release, until September 28th. 

IMO it was outstanding, the IMAX and 3D presentation of the video made for a thrilling experience. 

Edited by SteveJaros

3 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

I saw "House Clock" today in LiMAX and trust me, the best thing about the showing was the 3D version of MJ's Thriller that preceded it. "Clock" is like a wind-up timepiece that slowly winds down, the 1:45 run time seems more like two and half hours, and there's nothing compelling about it - the acting, SFX, and scares are completely pedestrian.

I was bored. C-

So is it worth the price of admission for that or nah? 

4 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-fantastic-beasts-crimes-grindelwald-instant-family-widows/

Fantastic Beasts: 75/222

Instant Family: 18 OW, no total for some reason

Widows: 20/78

Hell Fest: 6/14 (down 25%)

Goosebumps: 17/54 (up 20%)

I think FB will have a slightly higher opening - around $85 million.