Litio

House Clock DHD says $26.9m, ASF $10.2m, The Nun ($10.1m) burries Predator ($8.7m), F $3.1m, LI $1.99m || Weekend Thread

8 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

It deserves to. Good movie. Gets crazy near the end but in a funny not dumb way. Blake Lively is impressive, she just chews up scenery, a dominant screen presence in this one, like Jessie Chastain in that underappreciated card game film from last year.

B+

After watching A Simple Favor, I really wonder why Blake Lively isn’t a bigger star, she is magnificent, extremely beautiful and a good actress, selling all aspects of her character. Amazing. Kendrick was almost annoying next to her.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dXairdryZid said:

very lopsided Friday box office with A Simple Favor

anyone know why House/Clock outperformed Lego Ninjago & Storks by about 20%?

It had a great trailer...

It wasn't "hampered" by being animated on a Friday night - folks without kids (both teens and adults) looking for a fun seasonal movie might have given it a go...

Movie subscription passes...they exist now...

5 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

I still don't understand how Feig fuck uped "Ghostbusters". All Fieg's movie decent/good at least. Spy was great. Except "Ghostbusters" which was a garbage.

Nobody in their right mind invests over 100M in a Melissa McCarthy movie. She has zero pull overseas (The Spy was all Jason power). her American audience is limited which is why her cheap white trash comedies do well for that budget level. Ghostbusters had nothing going on for wider appeal. It pissed off fans of the original so they didn't show up. It has virtual nobodies from SNL so foreign markets didn't show up. It quickly exhausted Melissa fandom so the rest didn't show up. Booom. Bomb. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xavier said:

After watching A Simple Favor, I really wonder why Blake Lively isn’t a bigger star, she is magnificent, extremely beautiful and a good actress, selling all aspects of her character. Amazing. Kendrick was almost annoying next to her.

Be careful you're going to make @Nova blush considerably. :apocalypse:

Edited by DMan7

11 minutes ago, Xavier said:

I guess Green Lantern and Savages which were her early "big" Hollywood roles floped hard and that hurt her a bit. She was percieved at the time by some as another talentless pretty face that Hollywood tried to make happen, even though it wasn't her fault those movies sucked ass. She was smart to take a step back and go for smaller stuff and it paid off. After the career resurgence she had the last 5 years, she will probably get something bigger/more high-profile soon.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Xavier said:

21 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Be careful you're going to make @Nova blush considerably. :apocalypse:

tumblr_pewsu2ibDu1sgelweo3_500.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1