TMP

Fantastic Bombs & Where to Find Them: Grindelwald under $200m DOM

Out.  Yeah, good luck with this club.  I mean that sincerely.  But I doubt it'll happen.  This thing will likely explode or slow-burn as it opens.  Doesn't matter how little "hype" is felt...the brand will sell it. 

Now, I don't know about five movies, though...

Edited by Macleod

while it's very possible this club could happen, I'm going with OUT

I just think the fanbase is still big enough to hit the mark regardless of possible/supposed lack of hype or anything else.

Edited by 75Live

People say there is no hype and yet social media activity/ trailer views are consistently way better than the first one's...

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Any new takers?

Not me

I'm out, with great WOM i think this could get close to $250M

• Haha 1

I’m like right above this at 202M. It’ll be close.

• Sad 1

Club closes 15 November

Any new takers??

SilverHatefulHarrier-size_restricted.gif

ooooh this is happening.  65/170m

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

It's Harry Potter. It's not going to make less than $200 million otherwise it would be catastrophic. 

I'm out

Edited by movieboner

On 11/8/2018 at 3:19 PM, movieboner said:

It's Harry Potter. It's not going to make less than $200 million otherwise it would be catastrophic. 

I'm out

It's Star Wars. Solo's not going to make less than $250 million otherwise it would be catastrophic. 

(Not in or out. But still.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

It's Star Wars. Solo's not going to make less than $250 million otherwise it would be catastrophic. 

Solo has legit production issues with ended up increasing it's overall budget, a lot of star wars fan weren't really in the mood to embrace another movie so soon after the last Jedi, and worst of all it had very late and poor marketing. This movie will be fine, it will make good money, perhaps not great but good enough.

Just now, clockwork said:

Solo has legit production issues with ended up increasing it's overall budget, a lot of star wars fan weren't really in the mood to embrace another movie so soon after the last Jedi, and worst of all it had very late and poor marketing. This movie will be fine, it will make good money, perhaps not great but good enough.

Production issues literally have nothing to do with a movie's box office. Ever. So many hits and flops alike have had production issues. Not a single person in the GA even knows production issues exist. I will agree it had really bad marketing. 

21 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

To further strengthen your point , (but also take some satisfaction) Solo doing what it did should be equal to Fantastic Beasts doing about $100m.

Edited by FantasticBeasts

First one made 74 million opening weekend and finished its run with 234 million domestic. That's a 3x multiplier minimum.

Sequels are usually more frontloaded, so this new movie might not get a 3x multiplier. If it makes 60 million for this weekend, 200 million might not happen. If it makes 70 million, 200 million could happen. 

I can’t imagine it would flop that hard. Out.