YM!

Weekend Thread 9/28-9/30: Night School $1.35M, Smallfoot $850K Thursday Previews

5pm openings (no 4pm) outside of summer for  animated movies

Boss Baby (3.31) 1.5 (5pm) /33.5x / 50.2m  
Smurfs 3 (4.07) .38 (5pm) / 35.2x / 13.2m
Ferdinand: (12:15) .33 (5pm) / 38.3x /$13.4

So multi should probably be at least  28-30x - $23.8 -  $25.5m

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Where are the early numbers for Little Women ver. 2018

There isn't much to be gained by setting "Little Women" in 2018, other than the amusement factor of seeing the name "Marmee" as the caller on an iPhone screen, and of wrapping your head around the idea of Laurie as a plaid-blazered hipster.

September 26, 2018 | Rating: 2/4 | Full Review…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Where are the early numbers for Little Women ver. 2018

There isn't much to be gained by setting "Little Women" in 2018, other than the amusement factor of seeing the name "Marmee" as the caller on an iPhone screen, and of wrapping your head around the idea of Laurie as a plaid-blazered hipster.

September 26, 2018 | Rating: 2/4 | Full Review…

Kinda shocking we have no numbers since Deadline was predicting a $3500 per theater average for it earlier in the week :ph34r: 

2 hours ago, AJG said:

He’s pretty big in the UK. Don’t know about non-English speaking countries though.

His movies usually get small overseas release: mainly Europe and some African countries. His only movie that got a major OS release (asia/oceania, south america, europe etc) was Central Intelligence because of The Rock. 

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

no

It’s gonna do well but not that well. $40-$50 million seems more easier to do. $60-$80 million would be with a huge marketing boost. $100 million would have had happened if Universal pulled an IT with marketing. 

I think Night School has to at least increase to 10M for it’s sake. I don’t expect it to have much better legs over the weekend than Get Hard, which had a nearly 13M Friday.

Smallfoot at 6M would be alright. Better not decrease, but a 0.5-1M increase wouldn’t hurt.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alli said:

how is the movie doing? i haven't followed its BO. It deserves to make mucho dinnero

It's been doing as well as a $16M OW film could do lol It had a 36% drop last weekend and is looking at a 30% drop this weekend. Internationally its gross has been mostly from English speaking countries like the UK and Australia. I am not good with international numbers so no idea where it'll finish on that front but domestically it should do around $60M imo 

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

It's been doing as well as a $16M OW film could do lol It had a 36% drop last weekend and is looking at a 30% drop this weekend. Internationally its gross has been mostly from English speaking countries like the UK and Australia. I am not good with international numbers so no idea where it'll finish on that front but domestically it should do around $60M imo 

Lionsgate only distributes in the US and UK as they presell the OS rights to local distributors and considering the budget was only $20m, I suspect it'll be very profitable for Lionsgate. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DAJK said:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/deadline.com/2018/09/night-school-tiffany-haddish-kevin-hart-weekend-box-office-1202472883/amp/

Night School: 9.5/27-29

Smallfoot: 6/low 20’s

House - 13.7

Simple Favor - 7.3

Predator - 3-4

Hell Fest - 2.2/4.6

well, it means School not less 30, Smallfoot not less 25.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

Will likely be seeing Smallfoot with a friend tonight (idk why he's coming when he was invited to a few parties tonight) but looks like we'll be contributing 23 bucks to its box office, so estimate $6,000,023 being the final number instead @ deadline

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1