Box Office Hit

Free Guy | 20th Century | August 13 2021

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ryan-reynolds-star-action-comedy-free-guy-1133159

Ryan Reynolds and Shawn Levy are teaming up for Free Guy, a sci-fi action comedy set up at 20th Century Fox.

Reynolds is attached to star in the project which Levy, the director known for Fox's Night at the Museum movies (among other titles) and exec producer of Stranger Things, will helm.

Written by Matt Lieberman, the story centers on a background character who realizes he’s living in a video game. With the help of an avatar, he tries to prevent the makers of the game from shutting down his world.

The studio picked up the project as a spec script in 2016.

Edited by Box Office Hit

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

is that jodie comer? i was about to say this sounds fucking stupid but now it's with a heavy heart that i've chosen to support this. even if she's playing a boring love interest or whatever

lol it is. Also didn't know that Steve from Stranger Things is in this too.

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

is that jodie comer? i was about to say this sounds fucking stupid but now it's with a heavy heart that i've chosen to support this. even if she's playing a boring love interest or whatever

She’s apparently playing an Avatar who helps Ryan’s character against whatever it is they’re against. 

The moment when we will get a movie featuring an Avatar before Avatar 2 opens. Don’t tell the Cameron fanboys 

:Gaga:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

She’s apparently playing an Avatar who helps Ryan’s character against whatever it is they’re against. 

god, i'm already bored.

i hope it does well though. jodie's the next big thing and this can be a err stepping stone for better projects.

• ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i was about to say this sounds fucking stupid but now it's with a heavy heart that i've chosen to support this.

Me with Ghostbusters 2020 when Carrie Coon joined

• Haha 1