Box Office Hit

Free Guy | 20th Century | August 13 2021

This type of movie tends to be very sensitive to good buzz.

We just watched JC doing 35M when nobody was expecting much more than 20M few weeks ago, and the positive buzz wasn't even much impressive for that one.

I'm sure people into games will enjoy FG more, but if the movie is trully fun to watch and easy to follow like reactions said, i don't think there will be any problem with people who aren't very into games.

Reviews will be out this thursday, let's see how things go from there, but i wouldn't be surprised if this becomes another positive surprise on box office, considering no one was expecting much from this before the possibility of the movie being actually crowd pleasing.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Tbf both seem to be good movies that have been let down by their marketing.

We’re at the point where I won’t be surprised if they are my favorite two movies so far this year and I also won’t be that surprised if they combined open below 40M.

• Like 2

No wonder they pushed this so hard, it sounds like they got something good on their hands, but it sounds like the tracking isn't where they want it. Maybe it'll get more attention when it gets onto streaming? Based on the timing I think it should go to Disney+ instead of HBO Max in a few months.

11 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

No wonder they pushed this so hard, it sounds like they got something good on their hands, but it sounds like the tracking isn't where they want it. Maybe it'll get more attention when it gets onto streaming? Based on the timing I think it should go to Disney+ instead of HBO Max in a few months.

There's time to do good on theaters, that's probably the reason for these early reviews.

If everything goes right i think this can open around JC numbers, and i bet this one didn't cost 200M.

I think they will figure out a way to put it on D+ or Hulu after 45 days.

24 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

There's time to do good on theaters, that's probably the reason for these early reviews.

If everything goes right i think this can open around JC numbers, and i bet this one didn't cost 200M.

I think they will figure out a way to put it on D+ or Hulu after 45 days.

i dont think this is doing JC numbers. that has box office king the rock and emily blunt fresh off AQP2

Freeguy only has ryan who outside deadpool has never done much (and the hitman's wife just flopped), however this has the advantage of not coming out in D+/HBO, but i see it doing 21m this weekend