Box Office Hit

Free Guy | 20th Century | August 13 2021

Trailer was so bad and corny and I dislike Reynolds enough this probably needed to get 95% on Rotten Tomatoes to make me check it out, but good for it and I hope it becomes a breakout hit. Short of a Dinesh D'Souza anti-vax documentary, I will root for literally anything to break out right now. 

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Tbh, on a more serious note, Reynolds exposing Ninja and jacksepticeye to millions across the world (especially those over the age of 10) will cause genuine damage. I mean, what's next? PewDiePie cameo in Deadpool 3?

Wait...did Jacksepticeye do something wrong? He always seemed like one of the few real ones in terms of gaming YouTubers.

“Old man yells at clouds”   

This is evidently a delightful little romcom that’s fully original (for those who profess to care about such things). If you have some kind of vendetta against RR then just root for DP3 to miss 1B or whatever.

5 hours ago, Eric Quinn said:

Wait...did Jacksepticeye do something wrong? He always seemed like one of the few real ones in terms of gaming YouTubers.

I thought he sold out like most gaming youtubers I watched a long time ago. He still seems nice I guess but last thing we need in movies is guys who make minecraft videos for babies.

5 hours ago, Lokis Legion said:

If you have some kind of vendetta against RR then just root for DP3 to miss 1B or whatever.

I think I can do both. This is probably worse merely for the fact that he's playing a nice and wholesome guy.

Shawn Levy said for THR that Disney is being very supportive for this movie and they´re commited with the marketing because they believe on it.

THR also reveals the budget, $ 100 - 125M. Presales still good, let´s hope the good reviews and the marketing push give it +30M OW.

Quick update: 84% on RT with 70 reviews [7,20 average]

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Shawn Levy said for THR that Disney is being very supportive for this movie and they´re commited with the marketing because they believe on it.

THR also reveals the budget, $ 100 - 125M. Presales still good, let´s hope the good reviews and the marketing push give it +30M OW.

Quick update: 84% on RT with 70 reviews [7,20 average]

I expected the budget to be a lot higher than that considering how VFX-heavy the promotional material looks. Then again, that explains why Disney seems confident in it, since the relatively modest budget equates to a lower break-even point than, say, Space Jam 2 and Jungle Cruise.

Hopefully this movie turns out successful, since theaters aren't going to be getting a major win until September.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Important heads up: If you don't want the cameos some reviewers were alluding to spoiled, then do not read the Cast section of the Wikipedia page for this. Just saying.

*Goes to Wikipedia*

• Haha 1