Box Office Hit

Free Guy | 20th Century | August 13 2021

Wow, I barely recognized Comer from the first time I watched the trailer. This has people that I like and a premise with some potential, but I doubt I catch it in theaters unless reception is stellar.

Edited by Arendelle Legion

Box office wise this will do really well or completely bomb. No in between imo It will all depend if it’s good or not. If it’s good, I can a see a breakout. Although I have to wait to see what the budget is before putting a number on what’s considered good and what’s not :ph34r: Id imagine a budget north of $100M. All depends how much north. 

Edited by Nova

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

Box office wise this will do really well or completely bomb. No in between imo It will all depend if it’s good or not. If it’s good, I can a see a breakout. Although I have to wait to see what the budget is before putting a number on what’s considered good and what’s not :ph34r: Id imagine a budget north of $100M. All depends how much north. 

inb4 it does inbetween

• Like 1

Would have wanted to do a full list, but I'd love to see someone like @Eric Plus's take. But I've been kinda considering who some of the break-out stars of the latter half of this decade who are going to dominate the 2020s. So someone like Jennifer Lawrence I wouldn't say, since while I think she'll be around for a while, her peak was the early 2010s. 

My point is, I think Taika Waititi would definitely be on this list. I think that the guy will definitely be considered A-list by sometime in the next decade. 

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My point is, I think Taika Waititi would definitely be on this list. I think that the guy will definitely be considered A-list by sometime in the next decade. 

Taika's focus seems to be directing. I don't think he's gonna star in enough movies to be noticed.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Haha that trailer is amazing. 

what a nice surprise, and a dig at the Disney remakes 😂

Great concept, original, great use of Mariah Carey, Villanelle and hot Ryan. IN. 

(I find Taika annoying, so I’ll overlook that bit) 

Edited by Krissykins

After Detective Pikachu really fucking me up with its trailer views, I don't put too much stock into those anymore BUT considering Free Guy is an original concept, I figured I'd see how it was doing. 

It's official trailer released by Fox is currently #1 trending on YouTube with 3.9M views and 137K likes. On twitter between the free guy twitter page and Ryan's it has 6M views. Has about 5 more hours left before hitting 24 hours. 

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

Would have wanted to do a full list, but I'd love to see someone like @Eric Plus's take. But I've been kinda considering who some of the break-out stars of the latter half of this decade who are going to dominate the 2020s. So someone like Jennifer Lawrence I wouldn't say, since while I think she'll be around for a while, her peak was the early 2010s. 

I think you and I both know who I think is gonna dominate the 2020s lol

• Haha 1