Box Office Hit

Free Guy | 20th Century | August 13 2021

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Going up against Godzilla vs. Kong now. We're probably about to see a bunch of movies move to the same dates as WB's titles now that their whole 2021 slate has been turned into a gigantic nonfactor.

This movie looks like hot shit but it's still gonna make 4 times as much as Godzilla vs Kong. Epic fail for WB.

• Haha 1

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Conspicuously this wasn't (or hasn't yet been) part of Fox's date shifts. Could be like Soul where it's an indication it's going to a streamer.

More likely it’s like Black Widow where it’s an indication that Disney is correctly expecting to able to release movies theatrically in May.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Conspicuously this wasn't (or hasn't yet been) part of Fox's date shifts. Could be like Soul where it's an indication it's going to a streamer.

Everything they moved today was supposed to be released in March or April (except simultaneous theater/streaming releases Nomadland and Raya). They're gonna wait another month or two before making any final decisions about what to do with their summer titles.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Over/under R.I.P.D. ?

Under, outside of Deadpool I'm not sure Ryan Reynolds is a huge draw for everybody. Not saying the movie will be bad but this doesn't seem like it will have a lot of staying power. Some will see it, say it was alright/fine and it'll move on without much cultural impact imo.

5 hours ago, clockwork said:

Under, outside of Deadpool I'm not sure Ryan Reynolds is a huge draw for everybody. Not saying the movie will be bad but this doesn't seem like it will have a lot of staying power. Some will see it, say it was alright/fine and it'll move on without much cultural impact imo.

I expect 50% of Real Steel numbers.