YM!

CAYOM Y4: Predictions

6 hours ago, cookie said:

Pokémon was the first family movie in three months. I would’ve even given it slightly better legs if it didn’t come out just as kids were going back to school. July overall was pretty weak anyway so August would compensate.

And let’s not even talk about how shit November was.

Even then in CAYOM’s past, the Pokémon franchise was frontloaded. TBH I thought it was going to have a fan rush anyway regardless of schools.

June 5th-7th

Blankments’ Brave is looking at a solid opening of $40M-$55M, although it’s not as big as the other remakes, it should be noted that original Brave is only 8 years old and at a modest budget of $95M

Brave: $50M/$147.5M (x2.95) (Due to the young age and mixed reviews I doubt Brave will light the box office aflame especially with Dragon 2 still thrashing as well as High School Musical 4: Reunion nearby.)

June 12th-14th

At a strong 97 on Metacritic and barrels of hype, Lager’s The Odyssey: Homecoming is shaping up to be the one of the biggest hits of the year, and could topple Homeward’s OW record ($181M), despite its R rating, tracking at a strong $175M-$200M

The Odyssey: Homecoming: $200M/$522M (x2.61) (Hype should elevate this far more than expected but it will be the most frontloaded of the three as it is the final chapter as we also expect Jaws to be quite big)

June 19th-21st

Red Cresent’s Darkness Dwells Deep is tracking at a strong $20M-$22M due to 3D influence as well as lack of horror films.

Darkness Dwells Deep: $21M/$48M (x2.28)

June 26th-28th

Endless/Blankments’ High School Musical 4: Reunion is tracking strongly at $40M-$50M trending well in both the female and family demographics despite mixed reviews due to a huge marketing campaign.

O$corp’s biblical epic Paradise Lost isn’t as strong though tracking at $25M-$30M and due to mixed reviews.

High School Musical 4: Reunion: $45M/$157.5M (x3.5) (Yes reviews aren’t the best but it could be a crowd pleaser not to mention a dallop of nostalgia can’t hurt)

Paradise Lost: $30M/$70M (x2.33) (Not expecting much for this, doubt Christian groups will be raving about it but the unique perspective may help)

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

28 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

June 12th-14th

At a strong 97 on Metacritic and barrels of hype, Lager’s The Odyssey: Homecoming is shaping up to be the one of the biggest hits of the year, and could topple Homeward’s OW record ($181M), despite its R rating, tracking at a strong $175M-$200M

The Odyssey: Homecoming: $200M/$522M (x2.61) (Hype should elevate this far more than expected but it will be the most frontloaded of the three as it is the final chapter as we also expect Jaws to be quite big)

April

Broadway Selects: SpongeBob Squarepants - $3.1m OW / $6.9m Dom

Mass Effect - $72.3m OW / $211.4m Dom

Safari Trail - $4.6m OW / $13.7m Dom

Earth Day - $19.2m OW / $42.2m Dom

Our City: Growth - $44.6m OW / $144.8m Dom

March

One Piece: The Journey Begins - $54m/$141.5m (I'm guessing it'll match its production budget)

Pillars of Eternity: The Hollow Vale - $82.5m/$250m

Spirit Curse - $12.6m/$27.3m

Marked Up Time - $26.4m/$95m

Can You Imagine - $72m/$295.3m (I think Our City 2 will cut off its chance of breaking the $300 mil milestone by just a tiny hair)

Carnosaur - $24.2m/$66.4m

April

Broadway Selects: SpongeBob Squarepants - $5.3m/$16.8m

Mass Effect - $115m/$335m (Compared to some of the other first film space operas, this one has an advantage of having a huge fanbase and following already in place)

Safari Trail - $4.5m/$13m

Earth Day - $24.5m/$46.8m (This is gonna crumble hard after opening weekend)

Our City: Growth - $49.2m/$164.9m 

Khanh Bernarda Alba - $4.5m total

• Like 1

May

Treasure Planet: Gauntlet of Midas - $84m/$223.4m

Earthsong Volume 1: Haven's Guard - $53.3m/$147.2m

Frindle - $10.1m/$32.2m

Murky - $7.8m/$17.2m

American Dragon: Darkness Rising - $57.8m/$76.9m/$205.6m (The fact that is better than the first film will probably be the biggest helper in gaining more revenue)

Cabana Boys - $22m/$30m/$62.6m (Now that I think about it, this movie was pretty much Grown Ups 3)

Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs The Loch Ness Monster - $9.8m/$51.5m

June

Brave - $44.7m/$122.5m (I understand that the original is among the lesser liked Pixar films. The mixed reviews and short timespan from when it was first made will probably contribute to a small gross revenue)

The Odyssey: Homecoming - $195m/$509.1m (I don't know honestly. I think it'll break the OW record but fail to make $200 mil, the main culprit being the R-rating. I think a final gross just above Counsel would make sense. This will be interesting)

Darkness Dwells Deep - $18m/$41.8m

High School Musical 4: Reunion - $46.1m/$146.8m

A Month at Belmond Lane - $35.2m total

Paradise Lost - $25.1m/$58.8m (This reminds me a lot of Noah by Darren Aronofsky, except I think it won't do nearly as well as that film - which really didn't do so amazing to begin with)

May

Treasure Planet: Gauntlet of Midas - $62.5m OW / $163.8m Dom

Earthsong Volume I: Haven's Guard - $48.9m OW / $133.9m Dom

Frindle - $11.5m OW / $38.7m Dom

Murky - $5.7m OW / $10.9m Dom

American Dragon: Darkness Rising - $53.6m OW (3-day) / $69.6m OW (4-day) / $159.1m Dom

Cabana Boys - $13.9m OW (3-day) / $17.3m OW (4-day) / $36.4m Dom

Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. the Loch Ness Monster - $8.9m OW / $21.2m Dom